All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Win a FREE Quick Connect! New Line Management Tool.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 am 
Rare Poster

eree wrote:
actually it seems like working solution to me.
everybody knows lines are different. there are lines that just love to tangle and there are lines that unwind without the problems.

but...
even if this line management tool costs same as Robertsons' duck call i see one obstacle that won't make you a millionaire. overwhelming majority of the kiters don't like to carry any additional stuff to the beach.
not so much because it is heavy, but because you have to store all those thingies somewhere and you still leaving them on the beach at the end of the day and losing them.
i could buy these line organizers for every of my bars, but in two month i'll probably end up without them. so knowing this i'm not going to buy them.
there are always some kiter on the beach who looks like the Arnold from the Commando prepared to invade the island. he has sunglasses, reel-leash, helmet with the camera mount, safety or impact vest, gloves, line cutter knife(s), camel back hydration system, knee guards, all the bells and whistles (literally), you can ask him for screwdriver for tightening your board strap screws and he has it. but he is one of the hundred.

i think this kind of line organizers or any other small useful tools should be made as a part of some main kiteboarding gear so you can not forget it on the beach at the end of the day. may be a part of the pump, or bar, or bar holster, or kite bag, or may be even flip-flops, who knows?

Hi eree,

I see you are a strong believer in what some call the KISS principle. We at RK also are true believers in practicality & simplicity and we believe Quick Connect exemplifies this. It’s a compact and light weight tool that remains attached to your bar and is only to be removed in actually rigging process. After which, can be easily kept in the pocket of your board shorts and kept there throughout your session, to then be immediately reattached after your session back to lines & bar. Not quite that easy to misplace. Not to mention the real benefits with reductions in time and elimination of rigging hassles.

If you are fortunate enough to have a nice open launch site with time to spare, then we’d be the first to tell you that you don’t need this tool. However, if you are in the majority with small, crowded and/or sketchy launch sites then I can tell you will that you will most definitely benefit from this tool.

As to some of the kiters that you referred to has “Arnold from the commando prepared to invade the island”, I like to say that they exist on just about every launch site we’ve visited and they are some of nicest, most respectful and humble individuals we have had the pleasure of interacting with. Don’t be surprised, if even with all their gear, they can still beat you to a launch ready call, while placing their Quick Connect in their pocket :)

Post subject: Re: Win a free Quick Connect! New Line Management Tool.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:11 am 
Very Frequent Poster

How does this thing work with a 3 line bar + swivel on the center line ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:08 pm 
Rare Poster

eldadgold wrote:
How does this thing work with a 3 line bar + swivel on the center line ?

Hi eldadgold,

Quick Connect allows users to easily release lines when ever they need to for exactly these types of scenarios. Connect your kite lines starting closest to the bar and begin winding. When you reach the swivel take off the corresponding kite line from the Quick Connect, move just past the swivel and reconnect the proceeding kites lines into your Quick Connect.

You want to keep Quick Connect attached to your lines and bar, so stop the Quick Connect short a couple meters from reaching the end of your lines and then finished wrapping up the lines, as shown in the demo video.

Hope this helped

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:37 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

:thumb:

Post subject: Re: Win a FREE Quick Connect! New Line Management Tool.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 pm 
Rare Poster

blazeheli wrote:
The pink shirt gives me priority rigging - but a Quick Connect would have been ever better! :wink:

Looks like you may have this contest in the bag :-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:26 pm 
Frequent Poster

I bought two yesterday too go with my new 5line rebels. Hoping they help avoid a 5line rats nest.

Seems to me it stays on your bar till you rig, then toss it in your bag and go riding. Not a big deal having one more thing to deal with if it saves my time and frustration.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:12 am 
Medium Poster

A popular launch spot I like to frequent in Islamorada, FL, USA. It was extra crowded that day in 2011.

Attachment:
ScreenHunter_05 Feb. 12 22.02.jpg
ScreenHunter_05 Feb. 12 22.02.jpg [ 288.4 KIB | Viewed 391 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:37 am 
Rare Poster

southflorida wrote:
A popular launch spot I like to frequent in Islamorada, FL, USA. It was extra crowded that day in 2011.

:thumb: very nice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:34 am 
Rare Poster

(Or I could go the other end of the spectrum) ............. Super Bowl Sunday Columbia Gorge...... 40 mph winds / 37 degrees F .......... time to bring your "A game!" No time to be fiddling with tangled lines. Every second counts before the fingers start to freeze. Good day for a Quick Connect! Why am I not at home on the couch watching football???????

Attachments:
GOPR4405.JPG
GOPR4405.JPG [ 1.43 MIB | Viewed 363 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:54 am 
Frequent Poster

I already use a Time Manager, looks like this new tool is worth a shot.

Attachment:
TheSpit.jpg
TheSpit.jpg [ 39.83 KIB | Viewed 359 times ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next