All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: LF introduces the all-new Locking Cam Harness Spreader B
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:45 am 
Very Frequent Poster

norcom wrote:
Good stuff! I'm liking my Mystic clickerbar 3.0 and this looks even easier to use Love the rear safety too. Companies need to keep innovating. And for those of you who are worried about "plastic" should check your current gear and see how much plastic there already is.

I like the lock but have you had these liquid force harnesses before with the rear safety? It is an absolute nightmare about half the time you go to the leash it pops off and there goes your kite. What happens is when the leash pulls, it catches right against the little pull and pops it off.

Just my opinion. A QR on the back leash is nice of course, but it should pull either up or down not straight forwards which is the same direction your leash goes when you get dragged.

this harness is too darn complicated, I would rip off the rear handle pass, leash to the front, cut off that little extra tightener strap then it makes a fine harness.

The liquid force harnesses work pretty well for me so I do like them, as you know the most important thing about a harness is not all the batman utility belt do dads on it but how comfortable it is, and for my body they are comfortable.

I'm not against innovation, like I said I like the idea of the tightener seems useful.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

norcom wrote:
Good stuff! I'm liking my Mystic clickerbar 3.0 and this looks even easier to use Love the rear safety too. Companies need to keep innovating. And for those of you who are worried about "plastic" should check your current gear and see how much plastic there already is.

first i don't see the innovation part in this spreader bar lock. changing lock material to inferior just for pastel color questionable "beauty" sake is not an innovation.

second yes there are lot of components made of solid plastic in gear already. but it is important how the plastic component involve in the load spreading. plastic buckles on my current harness don't bear whole force from the kite, just minute proportion.
you can see belts and lines wearing before they fail and repair or replace the component. solid plastic component can fail suddenly without visible warning.
so far i experienced two breakages of plastic parts in my gear (both related to quick release where material of the component works on stretching), never metal parts, lines or webbing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:23 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

ronnie wrote:
http://liquidforcekites.com/20119593/

Ah okay I get it now. I like some features of this harness. Interesting to see how they hold up over time.

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2