All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: seat harness vs waist harness
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:33 pm 
Medium Poster

[quote="davesails7"]The other issue is that the shorts are... well... your shorts. Where you usually take your harness off after a non-wetsuit session you are wearing board shorts underneath. The shorts harness isn't very comfortable as shorts after the session, so you need to bring a pair of regular shorts to change into if you are going to grab lunch or a beer after the session.
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Not comfortable wearing around after a session? I tried on different board shorts harnesses. Some do seem more bulky than others, but I enjoy the Liquid Force Styler board shorts harness. They're minimalist and are I forget they're even on, nearly like having on just shorts.

You mentioned tweeking your back on a high wind day. I found my harness more than supportive enough in 40 plus. I'm not disputing your experience. It just shows that everyone's different and gear can be very personal. I do like the lower hook point an extra leverage I get from the seat style harness. This is especially and advantage when riding powered on a surfboard strapless. I don't get pulled off my surfboard board while riding strapless verses my waist harness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:13 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

matth wrote:
dyyylan wrote:
get a seat harness if you have a bad back, are really old, or think windsurfing is cool

otherwise get a waist harness

News flash windsurfing is cool. Like most people with that opinion you have probably never seen good winsurfers do their thing. If there is any kind of chop and solid wind a good windsurfer would leave you in his wake. And lets not forget those old windsurfing dudes with bad backs are the ones that created kitesurfing. Thank you Robbie , Pete and others...

sounds like you should use a seat harness then

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I can now add this to my list of " you know you are old when : ....."
You wear a seat harness.

Others on the list are:
The tv news ladies look hot
Women pushing baby carriages look like teens.
You have hair everywhere but where its needed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:55 pm 
Frequent Poster

dyyylan wrote:
matth wrote:
dyyylan wrote:
get a seat harness if you have a bad back, are really old, or think windsurfing is cool

otherwise get a waist harness

News flash windsurfing is cool. Like most people with that opinion you have probably never seen good winsurfers do their thing. If there is any kind of chop and solid wind a good windsurfer would leave you in his wake. And lets not forget those old windsurfing dudes with bad backs are the ones that created kitesurfing. Thank you Robbie , Pete and others...

sounds like you should use a seat harness then

This debate will go on forever without question.
One of my favorite quotes of all time was by lauren Hutton. When asked by a reporter if she wished she could be twenty five years again, she replied "only if I could have my fifty year old brain".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:28 am 
Frequent Poster

Has anyone tried this dakine waist/seat? looks like it solves the problem of the lower hook that seat harnesses have. I have never seen or used it, however im curious on feedback from people who have:

http://ca.dakine.com/p/kite/harnesses/chameleon?clr=WH3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:52 am 
Frequent Poster

shawn13 wrote:
Has anyone tried this dakine waist/seat? looks like it solves the problem of the lower hook that seat harnesses have. I have never seen or used it, however im curious on feedback from people who have:

http://ca.dakine.com/p/kite/harnesses/chameleon?clr=WH3

Not sure but this just helps it ridding up. For me the spreader bar being right where a belt would be is what I like instead of half way up my chest.

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3