All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: questions about niash park 2013
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi. can someone pls give me advice on the 2013 niash park. I have been kiting with cabrinha for the last two but feel . I enjoy cabrinha but feel it's time for something that is a lot faster in the air. I have been reading up on the niash park. My questions are. How dose the kite handle gusts, I kite inland and wind conditions are gusty on the best of days. Secondly I am 80 kg, will a 10m be big enough for wind speeds averaging 15 knots? I kite just fine with the 2013 11m switchblade, wich I think has a terrible low end compared to the older modles.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: questions about niash park 2013
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:35 pm 
Rare Poster

i have 6,9,12m 2013 parks. i dont fly my 12 in less than 18mph winds unless im on a surf board which i cant stay up wind in less than 15mph. they do turn very fast but i havent flown more than a few other kites to compare. i absolutely love my parks and highly recommend them. the 10m trip i can ride in 10-12mph with my surfboard and at 25mph i can barely hold it down with my 140lbs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 pm 
Rare Poster

forgot to mention, the parks handle gust extremey well. my 5-6 strut ocean rodeo rise kites were awful in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:22 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Dc86 wrote:
Hi. can someone pls give me advice on the 2013 niash park. I have been kiting with cabrinha for the last two but feel . I enjoy cabrinha but feel it's time for something that is a lot faster in the air. I have been reading up on the niash park. My questions are. How dose the kite handle gusts, I kite inland and wind conditions are gusty on the best of days. Secondly I am 80 kg, will a 10m be big enough for wind speeds averaging 15 knots? I kite just fine with the 2013 11m switchblade, wich I think has a terrible low end compared to the older modles.

hey so on gust handling it does really well. It is probably different from what you are used to, but I can't give you any specifics on that.

Regarding the wind strength..what board are you on? How do you like to ride?
At 80kg I think you could maybe be able to go, but you'd not be lit.
The 2013 is pretty grunty and it holds on the power really well. I generally like to ride powered, and weigh more than you so for me the 10 would be a on the low end at 15 knots.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:14 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
I am very happy with my latest 9 m Park.

The Naish team does a lot of their kite development on Maui which is windy and gusty. No surprise that their kites handle gusts really well and have excellent depower performance.

:wink: CG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:04 pm 
Rare Poster

Thanks for all the feed back. Feeling very excited about kiting with the niash. Tautologies, I use a139 waroo its a big board but it helps with the lighter winds inland. Research that I have done on the park tells me that a number of settings are availabl, from light wind to strong wind so I'm sure I'll get a setting that's suitsthe conditions. Im really set on getting the 10m but at the same time I still want to feel the power. I'll have to get some road work in and burn some pounds haha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:28 am 
Rare Poster

Dc86 wrote:
Thanks for all the feed back. Feeling very excited about kiting with the niash. Tautologies, I use a139 waroo its a big board but it helps with the lighter winds inland. Research that I have done on the park tells me that a number of settings are availabl, from light wind to strong wind so I'm sure I'll get a setting that's suitsthe conditions. Im really set on getting the 10m but at the same time I still want to feel the power. I'll have to get some road work in and burn some pounds haha.

Get the 12m.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 am 
Rare Poster

So after more research and all the help from you guys, I decided on getting the 10m park. I can't be happier, had it out in 15 knots the weekend. Can't find any fault on the kite , its solid in the air, it is quick ,exactly what I wanted. not to much power in the loops. Light bar pressure. For a ten it has a lot of grunt, handled the gusts very well. To top it off the kite looks great.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:35 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Dc86 wrote:
So after more research and all the help from you guys, I decided on getting the 10m park. I can't be happier, had it out in 15 knots the weekend. Can't find any fault on the kite , its solid in the air, it is quick ,exactly what I wanted. not to much power in the loops. Light bar pressure. For a ten it has a lot of grunt, handled the gusts very well. To top it off the kite looks great.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: agreed!! And great to hear!!!

[ 9 posts ]