All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Epic Screamer - flagout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have some Epic Screamers that I use with my home-made bar. Nothing against the Epic bar, I am just used to mine and like under bar cleat system for adjust-ability.

I am wondering if the preferred emergency flag-out for the Screamer is to one front line, or both front lines? I can set up my bar either way.

Thanks,

Ed

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: EPIC Screamer - flagout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:42 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hey Ed,

Can you post up the pics of your bar after you have completed it? I always find it quite interesting when people take the time to DIY for sports equipment! I always have fun doing small projects and it is inspiration to do more :thumb:

James

Post subject: Re: Epic Screamer - flagout
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

ed257 wrote:
I have some Epic Screamers that I use with my home-made bar. Nothing against the Epic bar, I am just used to mine and like under bar cleat system for adjust-ability.

I am wondering if the preferred emergency flag-out for the Screamer is to one front line, or both front lines? I can set up my bar either way.

Thanks,

Ed

The Epic kites flag to one line (kill switch) 2 line safety will only give you as much depower as letting go of the bar.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello ed257.
If you have a (2010, 2011, 3G) EPIC bar then the only way to kill the kite or flag the kite will be to pull the small "Grab Handle" that is located on the outside of the bar next to the floater. But again you can always customize your (2010, 2011,3G) EPIC bar to have it flag by using one of the middle lines or both at the same time.
On the other hand, the new (4G) EPIC BAR has 3 systems. Two of the systems (Kill Switch and Suicide) are on the CL. So once you engage the Chicken Loop by pushing it away from you, the kite will flag itself and that is because your leash will be pulling on one of the middle lines, which will kill the power of the kite and the kite will drop out of the sky. Also the third system that is on the (4G) BAR is on the left side of the bar next to the floater. By pulling this small "Grab Handle" you will be able to flag the kite also, but using the outside line this time.
This video bellow give you an idea of the (4G) EPIC XTEND BAR.
Attachment:
4G BAR.jpg
4G BAR.jpg [ 30.7 KIB | Viewed 499 times ]

VIDEO OF THE 4G BAR:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:55 pm 
Medium Poster

hey Ed - I would think about making it a single line flag-out, and if you choose not to do that test what you are getting powerwise with the flag to center lines.

The screamer is quite the performance machine but I felt it had a lot of power left when flagged to the center on my long throw (20"+) bar. Don't get surprised.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Laughingman wrote:
ed257 wrote:

Thanks,

Ed

The Epic kites flag to one line (kill switch) 2 line safety will only give you as much depower as letting go of the bar.

Only if your depower range is long enough to allow this. My throw is very long, so it is true for me (unless I have stopper engaged).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:49 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I can set it up to flag it out:

- 1 front line
or
- both front lines (same as fully depowered - but not actually flagged)
or
- 1 rear line

So, is one front line the best choice for the Epic Screamers?

Thanks,

Ed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello Ed,
The new 4G BAR has the flagging system on only one of the middle lines because it works very well. So if you have a 3G or 2011 or 2010 bar you can always customize them the way the 4G Bar is, but it will require at least 20 minutes to do so.
This system we have on the 4G BAR will fly for every kite not only the SCREAMER. This system will totally kill the kite if you engage the Chicken Loop.
Let me know if this helps. You can always email me at: dimitri@epickites.com

[ 8 posts ]