All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Oh no another Epic Infinity V3 review!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:32 am 
Frequent Poster

Tiago1973 wrote:
sijandy wrote:
Tiago1973 wrote:
^^^^
Fat Lady (although not free-style oriented)

Fat lady is the defintion of a lightwind freestyle kite.

i know the original fat lady well :)

was trying to say that the review itself was not freestyle oriented

Oh...apologies, my bad.

Tiago1973 wrote:
don´t buy that Blade / Dimirtri / Momi developed those kites with light wind free-style in mind - a family size company targetting such a small market - those who un-hook - for their only LW kite in the line up ? does not make much sense

they end up where they end up, those who un-hook and took a spin just found out "hi, this kite is sweet.."

^ my oppinion

Don't know about the others but gota disagree with you on the blade, unlike most other lightwind kites that are shaped like a wing the fat lady is shaped like a freestyle kite. I don't think this was an accident. Granted it is a very niche market but when it was released i don't think there was anything else like it available so they had the market to themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:44 pm 
Frequent Poster

UKSurf wrote:
I wouldnt be at all suprised if soul19 didnt get a good deal on his Infinity given how much he supports the brand on the forum :D I personally think the review from the average joes was not entirely fair because the infinity is obvioiusly a lightwind freestyle kite so when you compare it to higher aspect freeride kites on things like upwind performance it is not giving the whole picture. A comparison of lightwind freestyle kites would be interesting.

Hey UKSurf,

What I have received from Epic is what is offered to many people....a demo kite to try. If all it took was a few nice words to get discounted pricing than everyone would be foolish to not do the same. My support of this company is due to actually liking the kites that they produce. I am not asking others to abandon their respect kites but sharing the stoke of what I am riding. Generally I remain silent on forums but the amount of malicious behavior in general that this forum attracts is sad. I don't want to come on here and read about people that are sitting behind the security of their keyboards and writing idiotic posts. I want to read gear reviews, travel reports and contest information. I don't have to agree with people's insights, but it is interesting still the same to read. My main motivation for continuing to write about the positive side of this company is due to the haters.... so much opinion without actually using the product at hand. How do you base an opinion about something without having actually used the kite? Now that baffles me....

James

Outside of the opening two sentences, the bulk of my response doesn't really apply to you. Take care brother.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

sijandy wrote:
Don't know about the others but gota disagree with you on the blade, unlike most other lightwind kites that are shaped like a wing the fat lady is shaped like a freestyle kite. I don't think this was an accident. Granted it is a very niche market but when it was released i don't think there was anything else like it available so they had the market to themselves.

ok to disagree, would be boring otherwise

it was a unique design on those days but in my mind they were targeting more a kind of LW Trigger than a LW Prime

the funny thing is I actually like more, in the respective wind range, to un-hook the FL than the Prime which is their dedicated free-stye kite (and that I don´t particulary appreciate..)

just hope Blade does not modify the FL design to target to a wider audience, up-wind ability, where some people complain, is not exactly the standard I qualify my kites....otherwise would be using a race kite or something

never saw or ride an Infinity but by the look of it and the comments people writte here in the forum seems to be a similar kite. Just think all the marketing stuff Dimitri puts together is pointing to the wrong crowd...

Last edited by Tiago1973 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:14 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Just repeating what I've already posted in the past....
We have demo Epic Infinity and pretty much every other model/size also here in the UK if anyone would simply like to try one for themselves....no pressure! ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:30 pm 
Frequent Poster

soul19 wrote:
UKSurf wrote:
I wouldnt be at all suprised if soul19 didnt get a good deal on his Infinity given how much he supports the brand on the forum :D I personally think the review from the average joes was not entirely fair because the infinity is obvioiusly a lightwind freestyle kite so when you compare it to higher aspect freeride kites on things like upwind performance it is not giving the whole picture. A comparison of lightwind freestyle kites would be interesting.

Hey UKSurf,

What I have received from Epic is what is offered to many people....a demo kite to try. If all it took was a few nice words to get discounted pricing than everyone would be foolish to not do the same. My support of this company is due to actually liking the kites that they produce. I am not asking others to abandon their respect kites but sharing the stoke of what I am riding. Generally I remain silent on forums but the amount of malicious behavior in general that this forum attracts is sad. I don't want to come on here and read about people that are sitting behind the security of their keyboards and writing idiotic posts. I want to read gear reviews, travel reports and contest information. I don't have to agree with people's insights, but it is interesting still the same to read. My main motivation for continuing to write about the positive side of this company is due to the haters.... so much opinion without actually using the product at hand. How do you base an opinion about something without having actually used the kite? Now that baffles me....

James

Outside of the opening two sentences, the bulk of my response doesn't really apply to you. Take care brother.

I wasnt suggesting you were supporting the brand because you wanted a discount. You obviously like the brand and like being able to have a personal interaction with the brand owner :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:25 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
Poster: Tiago1973
never saw or ride an Infinity but by the look of it and the comments people writte here in the forum seems to be a similar kite. Just think all the marketing stuff Dimitri puts together is pointing to the wrong crowd...

Once again the INFINITY V3 was designed to have fun in light wind conditions. And when I say "fun" I am not talking about going back and forth and shoot up wind, but jumping, wave riding, kitelooping, toes side transition with down looping the kite, handle passing, going blind while kite looping, and so on.... (just check all the INFINITY V2 & V3 videos I have put out). And when I say light wind, I mean (7 to 12 knots) if you are 160 to 190 lbs and (9 to 14 knots) if you are 200 to 300++ lbs. And of course you will need a light wind board to be able to perform in these light wind conditions and the OXYGEN board is a perfect match with the INFINITY V3. Also, I have tested the INFINITY V3 kite in different wind conditions, all the way up to (19 knots) but was on a very small board, and also all the way down to (3 to 5 knots) but this time on a huge SUP board.

Any way, kiters need to know the INFINITY model was designed to create power while moving it. And this is the reason why we made this kite to move that fast so it can create the power you need to plane in (7 to 12 knots). If it's blowing above (10 knots) then no need to move the kite to generate power. And above (10 knots) I can use the RENEGADE 13 or SCREAMER 14. So in few words the INFINITY will require some rider's input and this is the reason why you need to test drive this kite to see if its the right kite for you.

Attachments:
Loving the S9 and ready to test the INFINITY.jpg
Loving the S9 and ready to test the INFINITY.jpg [ 205.72 KIB | Viewed 521 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Dimitri M wrote:
the INFINITY V3 was designed to have fun in light wind conditions (…) kitelooping, toes side transition with down looping the kite, handle passing, going blind while kite looping, and so on....

Dimitri M wrote:
just check all the INFINITY V2 & V3 videos I have put out

indulge me Dimitri, where?

all i can remember was u in a SUP in less than whatever knots..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
Dimitri M wrote:
the INFINITY V3 was designed to have fun in light wind conditions (…) kitelooping, toes side transition with down looping the kite, handle passing, going blind while kite looping, and so on....
Dimitri M wrote:
just check all the INFINITY V2 & V3 videos I have put out
Tiago1973 wrote:
indulge me Dimitri, where?
all i can remember was u in a SUP in less than whatever knots..

Hello Tiago1973,
Give me few hours so I can "indulge" you the best way I can because right now I am in the plane boarding. As you can see, I am always here to answer any questions. Now that's what I call epic customer service.
:thumb:

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 597.99 KIB | Viewed 430 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:42 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Dimitri M wrote:
right now I am in the plane boarding.

....but much prefers to be on the water getting his board on a plane :D

Bon voyage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:08 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello Tiago1973 and sorry it took me so long getting this videos to you, but I was busy kiting and taking care of our epic customers.
So here are some videos I was able to download for you. You will see what the INFINITY V2 & V3 is capable of doing in light wind. Any way, enjoy the show and don't forget to get some popcorns.
:thumb:

More to come…...

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next