All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: When you are selling and someone wants to "try".
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:48 pm 
Frequent Poster

no way!!
sold many kites over the years. always will blow them up. If I am at the beach and its not windy enough to kite I might blow up and fly on the beach for them but never let them take it out on the water.
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:00 pm 
Frequent Poster

I won't even meet people anywhere anymore Got too many losers here looking for a "deal"
I'll sell something at 1/3 of retail that's in awesome condition just to get rid of it. Then some douche will waste your time trying to meet you somewhere convenient for their lazy ass and then try to low ball you further on the price. I figured kiteboarders would be above this kinda of BS craigslist negotiation tactics but sadly around here their not.

Unless your overcharging him NO WAY. if the price is right. he comes to you let him waste HIS time and 30 bucks of gas and go home empty handed "deal hunting"
Not like you're selling shit kites, a 2013 Naish something I'm sure.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:22 pm 
Frequent Poster

A,
You're one of the most laid back guys I've ever met, so it's telling that you've even gotten tired of the run around that people hunting kite deals do. I'm in the business now, so if I can, I let people try out the used one. But generally, I'm in agreement with the others…blow it up if they want, just to make sure she doesn't leak. But the inter web is full of lots of info on the kites. And the world is full of lots of "tire kickers" that want to try to and low ball. Plus, you don't want to be liable if they do something stupid with YOUR kite.

PS If you can ever pry your ass out of Hawaii, you should stop by for a beer and session in Florida. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Johnny Rotten wrote:
I won't even meet people anywhere anymore Got too many losers here looking for a "deal"
I'll sell something at 1/3 of retail that's in awesome condition just to get rid of it. Then some douche will waste your time trying to meet you somewhere convenient for their lazy ass and then try to low ball you further on the price. I figured kiteboarders would be above this kinda of BS craigslist negotiation tactics but sadly around here their not.

Unless your overcharging him NO WAY. if the price is right. he comes to you let him waste HIS time and 30 bucks of gas and go home empty handed "deal hunting"
Not like you're selling shit kites, a 2013 Naish something I'm sure.....

Ok, good to hear I am not completely insane...just a bit i guess.
You'd also be right :-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:02 am 
Very Frequent Poster

eBay. $1 with no reserve is great when you value your time and want it gone. If two people bid, you know you get a true market price.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am 
Very Frequent Poster

In this case I'd say it's totally up to you, I mean living in Hawaii you probably get so many opportunities to kite it would be easy to say sure, I'm going kiting on Saturday and you can try it out then if you want.

I actually stopped listing anything on craigslist because there are SO MANY IDIOTS who just want to waste your time, or barely speak english, or people who come and say "oops i brought $200 less than what you're asking" etc. If it's shippable, I just sell it on ebay where I am happy to answer as many questions by email and then it goes out the door when the time is up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:22 am 
Frequent Poster

No, to many things can go wrong. If he trashes your kite that's going to get ugly. And what if he gets hurt,? people sue each other all the time for bullshit. Never mind handing over a dangerous kite to someone with little experience. No thanks!!!

I sell a lot of toys, kites, boards, sails, skis,etc. I buy good gear, take great care of it , and usually do well when I sell.
I find ebay is the way to go. Take good pics , be 100% honest with description, and price it right.
I have never had an unhappy customer. No tire kicker bullshit, meeting people etc. Yes you will get some scammers. I always put the same response to cyber kickers. When the money is in my Paypal account, the kite will ship, Fully insured, signature required.
Nothing better than hearing my phone go cha ching when I have made a sale.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:24 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Maybe ask him to try a demo kite from a local dealer (I know I know all the retailers are cringing right now, I get it).

I wouldn't just say no, but try and help out with the purpose of finding whether this is the right kite for this person (through your own knowledge) without them trying it.

Ask the dude what he's ridden before, board choice ...all the usual questions then advise. Give him various places like here to research the kite but say politely you feel uncomfortable him trying it just in case he wrecks it. Tell him you are not a retailer who could write it off the books!!

You could still make the sale and help him out at the same time by educating. Infact you may find this is not the kite for him after all by listening.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:28 am 
Very Frequent Poster

SENDIT! wrote:
A,
You're one of the most laid back guys I've ever met, so it's telling that you've even gotten tired of the run around that people hunting kite deals do. I'm in the business now, so if I can, I let people try out the used one. But generally, I'm in agreement with the others…blow it up if they want, just to make sure she doesn't leak. But the inter web is full of lots of info on the kites. And the world is full of lots of "tire kickers" that want to try to and low ball. Plus, you don't want to be liable if they do something stupid with YOUR kite.

PS If you can ever pry your ass out of Hawaii, you should stop by for a beer and session in Florida. :)

Well I think it is fair to look for a deal, I am not judging that since what ever it takes to get in the water.
I just do't have time to stand around and waste good riding time waiting for person to decide if they like it or not. The worst part is I don;t mind people having a go on my kite..but :-)

Also..I would love going to Florida. I might be traveling a bit moving forward. We'll see. I'll definitely call you if I do!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:33 am 
Very Frequent Poster

tautologies wrote:
SENDIT! wrote:
A,

Well I think it is fair to look for a deal, I am not judging that since what ever it takes to get in the water.
I just do't have time to stand around and waste good riding time waiting for person to decide if they like it or not. The worst part is I don;t mind people having a go on my kite..but :-)

Also..I would love going to Florida. I might be traveling a bit moving forward. We'll see. I'll definitely call you if I do!!!

bring lots of beers, we've had like 3 days of wind this year :/

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next