forum for kitesurfers

AlternateAngle
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Flexifoil Hadlow ID
Brand Affiliation: None

Hadlow ID Bar locks while steering

Postby AlternateAngle » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Hello Everybody, I just got my new kite equipment. Flexifoil Hadlow ID kites and the corresponding Hadlow ID Bar. Before I was flying North Vegas. Generally, I am quite happy with the IDs just one thing is irritating me. When I steer strongly with the bar, it is no longer possible to power/depower while the bar is tilted. This is because the center line is inside a protective plastic tube. The hole in the bar for the center line is not big enough to smoothly let the center line pass through when the hole is angled due to steering.
Is this issue known? Is there a workaround?
Do you think this is because the equipment is new? Maybe the components become less sticky with continuous usage.

Would be cool if anybody has any insight into this. :thumb:

YaMon90
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Texas' coast
Favorite Beaches: North Beach, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Style: Big air
Gear: Naish

Re: Hadlow ID Bar locks while steering

Postby YaMon90 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Logically, any kite equipment should function properly out of the bag otherwise it is a potential hazard to the buyer. That being said, this sounds like a design error. Most likely, if you attempt to resolve the problem on your own hence taking off the plastic covering or somehow making the hole bigger, the bar would be out of warranty 'cause you tempered with it.
You should get in contact with your provider if not the manufacturing company to see what options they offer you and meanwhile use a different bar if it's available to you otherwise use this one at your own risk. Good luck and play it safe!

elliott george
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Newgale
Favorite Beaches: Newgale
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Takoon lux 133x40
hadlow pro 13
Blade prime 9
Hyperlite remix

Re: Hadlow ID Bar locks while steering

Postby elliott george » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:18 pm

AlternateAngle wrote:Hello Everybody, I just got my new kite equipment. Flexifoil Hadlow ID kites and the corresponding Hadlow ID Bar. Before I was flying North Vegas. Generally, I am quite happy with the IDs just one thing is irritating me. When I steer strongly with the bar, it is no longer possible to power/depower while the bar is tilted. This is because the center line is inside a protective plastic tube. The hole in the bar for the center line is not big enough to smoothly let the center line pass through when the hole is angled due to steering.
Is this issue known? Is there a workaround?
Do you think this is because the equipment is new? Maybe the components become less sticky with continuous usage.

Would be cool if anybody has any insight into this. :thumb:

I'd say this is a defect, I've ridden the hadlow pro bar and a few others but not the id, so take this with a pinch of salt. There all very similar and I've never had this problem

Return to “Kitesurfing”