All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: F-one Bandit: Quality issue
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:48 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi guys,
I would like to know your experience with Bandit Six:I have 10m and I have used this one only 10 times this winter in Brazil; I really love this kite, it's exactly what I had been looking for before buying.
So which is the problem? Dacron on leading edge starts lacetaring in one point ( luckely I discovered this hole and sent to sailmaker so no damage on bladder and the repair was little) but my personal feeling is that the dacron of leading edge is weak, it doesn't seem bombproof or rock solid like others.
So I would like to know if someone of you has the same issue about the Bandit 6 quality because I would like to add 7 mt to my quiver but I want to be sure that the durability of this kite is good.

Thank you for answers.
Alona

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: FONE BANDIT:Quality issue
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:17 pm 
Frequent Poster

simokite wrote:
Hi guys,
I would like to know your experience with Bandit Six:I have 10m and I have used this one only 10 times this winter in Brazil; I really love this kite, it's exactly what I had been looking for before buying.
So which is the problem? Dacron on leading edge starts lacetaring in one point ( luckely I discovered this hole and sent to sailmaker so no damage on bladder and the repair was little) but my personal feeling is that the dacron of leading edge is weak, it doesn't seem bombproof or rock solid like others.
So I would like to know if someone of you has the same issue about the Bandit 6 quality because I would like to add 7 mt to my quiver but I want to be sure that the durability of this kite is good.

Thank you for answers.
Alona

I have a quiver of b6's and have had no problems. They are great kites and as bomber as any others I would say.

All kites can and do have issues here and there but overall these days they are all quite solid (unlike back in the day)
Mark

Post subject: Re: F-one Bandit: Quality issue
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:04 am 
Medium Poster

I've had the 4,5 & B6. yes, the bandit kite has its own list of problems. B6 seems to be better than the past bandits but the Dacron was fraying too(not much though).I would also swear the kite is developing a lot of flutter in the canopy (maybe its stretching). I have learned to always keep inspecting the Bandit. Things to watch out for - Bars falling apart, depower cord snapping off, pulleys wearing out. I have never been impressed by the build quality of the bandit compared to North or Cabrinah, but they are cheaper than those other brands. its a good kite and just like any other kite its has its own share of problems. Just keep inspecting the parts and enjoy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:20 am 
Rare Poster

I have a lot of experience with the Bandits and also the Rebels.
Actually never had any issues with my Bandit 6 and got a lot of sessions with it, on the other hand my Rebel 2013 was used half as the Bandit and the depower is a lot more worn out + the stitches are starting to show wear on the LE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 pm 
Rare Poster

Thank you all for answers... So basically dt73775 confirmed my feeling, nothing of serious but the dacron weakness is a fact...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 pm 
Rare Poster

Ive used bandit5s last year and leading edge stiches seamd to open after 3 months also bar broked after 1.5 year, i ride now rpms but also have a bandit 6 12m in this one stiching still opens although less than b5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 pm 
Rare Poster

Ive used bandit5s last year and leading edge stiches seamd to open after 3 months also bar broked after 1.5 year, i ride now rpms but also have a bandit 6 12m in this one stiching still opens although less than b5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 pm 
Frequent Poster

Working in the textile market, I'm never surprised when I read different opinions about the same product. People normally think that, given a brand, a model and a size, every single kite must be the same. The truth is very different. First, the tissue. Don't ever think that "same tissue" means "same quality". Every single weavening, dyeing and printing batch is different. E.g., sometimes tissues are dyed two or three times because the colour shade is not ok. More work on the tissue, more stress, less quality. Second, workmanship. Normally there are employees that do the work better than others.
Quality check before delivering? Of course, but a final check can't check everything and, most of all, can't say how good the tissue has been produced and transformed.
One kite, one story...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:24 pm 
Medium Poster

^^^that right there. Softgoods are crazy, your half shoe sizes are shoes that were accidentally made out of tolerance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:05 pm 
Rare Poster

Should you buy the F-One Bandit kite will not get any warranty product.
Kite begins to stretch the seams. Seam does not stretch itself to the cylinder material stretches.The material used is weak.
Kite salesman says that the kite is over-inflated, and are not guarantees. This is a pure lie.
My kite broke down 2013 last year. It is now the year 2014. has still not been done in a formal response. As a factory, I did not get a response. I invite you to help to provide the answer in this forum. We write on their gauthier@f-onekites.com
How to go broke so the seams are on the picture to see how
My stitches are kitel still broken, but that does not bother anyone.

Attachments:
Bandit F-One  Kite breaks out and begins to stretch the seams. (1).JPG
Bandit F-One Kite breaks out and begins to stretch the seams. (1).JPG [ 111.49 KIB | Viewed 821 times ]
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next