All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sherman Island/San Francisco in June
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 pm 
Frequent Poster

Cool, tnx JJM, appreciate the info, I found the WA sensor for Sherman Island, tnx again. The read on Crissy spot almost scared me away :lol:

I may bring the 8.5 depending on weight after I'm done packing it all, traveling light so it shouldn't be a problem.

I only own a 3/2 for those really freezing Florida days (once every 3 years, lol), so a 3/2 will have to be. I know, i know we're spoiled. I wear a full 1mm 95% the time, but that's to protect me from the sun, I hate sunscreen.

Tnx again for the valuable info.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

sure you wouldn't rather just visit me in hood river instead? :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:09 am 
Frequent Poster

dyyylan wrote:
sure you wouldn't rather just visit me in hood river instead? :)

Hell yeah, I'd love to, but I'm going out there for EDC Vegas, and making a mini road trip while I'm out there and hitting some kite spots, wanna see SF, but I'm still planning to go up to Hood River in August if I can score another week off work.

What dates u going out there? No Hatteras this year?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Nah no hatteras this year. I scored a 100% remote job as a software developer so I'm packing up and moving to the gorge around the middle of june. going to try a summer kiting and a winter skiing and see how it goes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:25 am 
Medium Poster

I disagree with the other guys regarding kite size - I am your weight and I ride my 12m 90% of the time here in the SF Bay Area. A 3/2 wetsuit will probably be okay for Sherman but a little light in San Francisco Bay. If I were you, I'd bring the 11 if you're limited to just one kite. Winds vary widely from place to place, so if it is too strong at Sherman you could probably ride Alameda or 3rd Ave instead. You definitely do not want to go to Crissy Field or anywhere in the ocean with only a 3/2mm wetsuit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 am 
Frequent Poster

dyyylan wrote:
Nah no hatteras this year. I scored a 100% remote job as a software developer so I'm packing up and moving to the gorge around the middle of june. going to try a summer kiting and a winter skiing and see how it goes

Sweet brah! darn, I knew I picked the wrong career, lol, congrats! and good luck! I'll c u up there hopefully soon.

Thor SFBay wrote:
I disagree with the other guys regarding kite size - I am your weight and I ride my 12m 90% of the time here in the SF Bay Area. A 3/2 wetsuit will probably be okay for Sherman but a little light in San Francisco Bay. If I were you, I'd bring the 11 if you're limited to just one kite. Winds vary widely from place to place, so if it is too strong at Sherman you could probably ride Alameda or 3rd Ave instead. You definitely do not want to go to Crissy Field or anywhere in the ocean with only a 3/2mm wetsuit.

Tnx Thor, yeah I'm gona try to bring both kites (11/8.5), but cause of weight restrictions, and just don't want to carry with too much crap, I'm inclined to just bring the 11. really looking forward do squeezing in a sesh or 2.

Tnx all for the help.

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2