Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Chrono 15m kite review

forum for kitesurfers


Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby Tone » Sun May 04, 2014 6:57 pm

just got back in from another chrono session on t he raceboard.

10-14 knots, great for some jumping in the gusts!

covered about 15 miles in an hour today. Good stuff! :)

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:40 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:14 pm

What did you use to measure the miles? I'm looking for something to do that.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby Tone » Sun May 04, 2014 7:48 pm

A gps, it was nautical miles.

I use a GT31.

:)

User avatar
s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:18 am
Kiting since: 2006
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Vitoria, Brasil

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon May 05, 2014 2:37 am

I don't know about you guys but this looks like some sick hang time from a 12m in 5/6 m/s

I cant wait to ge my hands on one in 20kns!

!@#$ I need one of these




joriws
Frequent Poster
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:03 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby joriws » Mon May 05, 2014 8:37 am

s1buell_wl wrote:I don't know about you guys but this looks like some sick hang time from a 12m in 5/6 m/s


This guy goes to slow motion video when he jumps. I'd suggest to check Tone's videos as reference hang time.

User avatar
s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:18 am
Kiting since: 2006
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Vitoria, Brasil

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Ok will do

Bladesurfer
Medium Poster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:55 am
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: HagaPark Öland Sweden
Style: Old school Boosting and looping.
Gear: Ozone Chrono 12m
Ozone Edge 9m 2013
Ozone C4 7m 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby Bladesurfer » Tue May 06, 2014 8:23 pm

joriws wrote:
s1buell_wl wrote:I don't know about you guys but this looks like some sick hang time from a 12m in 5/6 m/s


This guy goes to slow motion video when he jumps. I'd suggest to check Tone's videos as reference hang time.


I can repost them without slomo :wink: .
I have learned to kiteloop the chrono to day. Very scary stuff. Not so soft landings.
Vid coming soon. Both slomo and orginal. :D

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1921
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby Tone » Tue May 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Downloop?

Bladesurfer
Medium Poster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:55 am
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: HagaPark Öland Sweden
Style: Old school Boosting and looping.
Gear: Ozone Chrono 12m
Ozone Edge 9m 2013
Ozone C4 7m 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby Bladesurfer » Wed May 07, 2014 9:08 am

Here is the original jump no slomo.
9 sec jump ?
http://youtu.be/JGnugaiyO14
To be fair a normal jump with the 12m Chrono is about 6sec in moderate winds but when it picks up you can easily stay up much longer. Been out in 9-12m/s and jumped higher and longer than with my 9m Edge which is (was) my nr1 boosting machine.
Tone wrote:Downloop?

No downloop. Just a ordinary 2m high loop.
I can post a vid on it tomorrow.

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Chrono 15m kite review

Postby Kamikuza » Wed May 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Bladesurfer wrote:Here is the original jump no slomo.
9 sec jump ?
http://youtu.be/JGnugaiyO14
To be fair a normal jump with the 12m Chrono is about 6sec in moderate winds but when it picks up you can easily stay up much longer. Been out in 9-12m/s and jumped higher and longer than with my 9m Edge which is (was) my nr1 boosting machine.
Tone wrote:Downloop?

No downloop. Just a ordinary 2m high loop.
I can post a vid on it tomorrow.

In the video up there, I call it a down loop. I do the same thing for jump transitions... with the Speed3s, you have to time it right or else you get warp factor 9 downwind as the kite goes through the power zone and just keeps accelerating. It can be... entertaining. Especially if you get hit by a gust as you through the kite around :o


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Icikite, TomW and 20 guests