All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Naish / Slingshot / Airush
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:45 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Westozzy wrote:
....rpm from what you've said and your background with kites.

Really? Has been riding Fuels and you think the RPM would be a good choice?? Into unhooked aswell, no brainer, Torch all the way!

Sure bridled kites work well unhooked and freestyle but the Torch just kills it, I went from bridled kites to Torches and the Torch just works so much better, more stable, more predictable, impeccable behaved unhooked, awesome hooked in, loops - probably one of the best looping kites available, power when you need it, depower when you need it (yes it has depower!!),

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:02 am 
Very Frequent Poster

JGTR wrote:
Westozzy wrote:

Really? Has been riding Fuels and you think the RPM would be a good choice?? Into unhooked aswell, no brainer, Torch all the way!

Sure bridled kites work well unhooked and freestyle but the Torch just kills it, I went from bridled kites to Torches and the Torch just works so much better, more stable, more predictable, impeccable behaved unhooked, awesome hooked in, loops - probably one of the best looping kites available, power when you need it, depower when you need it (yes it has depower!!),

Well I suppose I considered he must wanting something more forgiving if he doesn't want to go fuels again, which is the ultimate real C kite. Torch is exceptional as well I agree. That was the reason for my comment. He wasn't on bridalled C kites to start with why would he want another non bridalled C kite if he wants to change. More info needed maybe.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:44 am 
Frequent Poster

Westozzy wrote:
JGTR wrote:
Westozzy wrote:

Well I suppose I considered he must wanting something more forgiving if he doesn't want to go fuels again, which is the ultimate real C kite. Torch is exceptional as well I agree. That was the reason for my comment. He wasn't on bridalled C kites to start with why would he want another non bridalled C kite if he wants to change. More info needed maybe.

Maybe, would be more clear if we define more precisely what "forgiving" means.
As I found this word quite few times across this tread...
Hooked or unhooked?
I don`t find bridled C that much more forgiving.
FYI, I had bridled C hybrid for one season and now I`m back to Torches.

L.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:04 pm 
Rare Poster

It's been 6 years since I bought my last kite set.
Just want to be open minded about the new kite-shapes.

Personally I think C4-Fuel-Torch will be more my kite.
But I probably will also test the RPM and Park.

I know the quality of the Slingshot is high.
Don't know about Naish and Ozone.

Downside of Naish is the 5th line and octopus system.

What about the new bar systems. Will it spin the front lines automatically back (as my 2007 slingshot bar does)?
Two weeks ago I tested the Ozone bar, but I had to manually rotate the swivel. Didn't like that.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Oh then the Torch for sure as was correctly said!!!

Been watching Kevin L clips lately, damn he's got to be one of the most accomplished riders out there at the moment and unlike all the narrow minded limited souls he does it all!!! On a torch of course.

And below, yep the initial octo' systems had issues, they haven't had issues for a long time now.

Also fifth line, 4 line, bla bla bla, it doesn't matter in the end. Damn I fly 4 and 5 line kites in my quiver, even swap the same kite to 4 or 5 lines depending on the water conditions and feel I'm looking for, it doesn't matter man. Like the crew that sit in one camp saying this style is the better style and four lines are better than 5 or vica versa, it's all bullshit. It all depends on YOU and what YOU want to do and how YOU want to do it.

Go fly kites and see for yourself. Your list is a good one and all those kites will work. Try and see.

My money's on the torch...now I know a bit more about ya.

Last edited by Westozzy on Fri May 02, 2014 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:54 am 
Very Frequent Poster

What's the downside of the Octopus system? From what I've seen it one of the more reliable systems.

Try flying a Torch then tell me the 5th line is a downside! 4 line kites just do not compare to 5 lines, the feel at the bar and response and stability of the kite when turning and looping is far superior with the 5th line, it supports the shape without being too intrusive like bridles.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:31 am 
Rare Poster

JGTR wrote:
What's the downside of the Octopus system? From what I've seen it one of the more reliable systems.

The valves were not very good. They would get unglued easily, and I think it would also loose air from the internal valves. I had the 2006 Torchs.
After some time, it would loose air and it was hard to find where. Taking the bladders out was kind of an annoying work.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 am 
Rare Poster

I got a Fuel 11m 2013! Perfect Kite!!

I was riding Torch, however I had many problems with this kite. The Naish Torch 2011 had many problems with their valves after a time... And it was easy to stall and fall back in light winds!
And due this problem, the last one, was so roblem to realunch the Naish Torch!

The another things about a Torch is that it has got a 5th line. Sometimes when I unhoocked, the kite fall back and pass inside th 5th lines, and I spent to much time out of water just to release it again.They saying that it make easy the relaunch, with 5th line, that was not my case, I had many trouble to realunch even with 5th line.

I was almost give up to get a real C kite, due to everybody was saying that a C kite is a bitter difficult to relaung.

And then after many research I decided to get a Fuel 2013! I can swear, I have never got a a minimum trouble to realunch it, even it be 4 lines,in 15 kt of wind. Fuel is agressive, it does not back stall, it is really good to loop and unhook.

Negative point... in gust wind it does not work so good... the range of wind is short.... and the depower is not so strong as a Bridle kites, ... however all positive points are much greater than the negative ones!! That why I got a Naish Park 9m, to ride waves...

My board Xenon Laluz 142... I got 73 kg... Hope to help in your choice!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:32 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Yep the 2011 Torch was a lemon, all the others are awesome though, I'm still riding my 2007 10m :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:30 am 
Rare Poster

Thank you all.

Noticed on one is talking about the Ozone C4.
Why is that???

Hopefully I will be able to do some short test today with the
- Slingshot Fuel
- Slingshot RPM
- Airush Varial X
- Fone Trax

And maybe tomorrow
- Naish Torch
- Naish Park
- (maybe North Vegas / Dice)
- North Select

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next