I will be heading to Japan for one year (Nagoya) and it doesn't appear Japan is a good kite spot, so I'm looking for close vacation alternatives....
My husband and I both are experienced kiters - we enjoy freestyle mainly and are happy with winds allowing us to play on 7m - 11m.
We are looking for our dream kite
vacation and would appreciate any advice...
Here is what we are hoping for....
- winds 15 - 25 kts
- beautiful and not over crowded beach
- able to kite in board shorts and rash guard - warm water
- we will have infant with us
- so accommodations can't be too rustic; accommodations available right on beach to allow us to tag team with baby nearby
- flat water would be nice but waves good too - though not too big
- not too complicated to get to as we'd have about 1-2 weeks and don't want to waste alot on travel transitions; flight about 4-6 hours from japan as longest preferably
- delicious and interesting food
- we are able to travel any month but most likely take 1-2 weeks over christmas time plus another trip
- looking for "romantic honeymoon we didn't have" but with emphasis on kiting
Any secret destinations you'd like to share come to mind? you can pm me too!
Note - Boracay looks amazing though a bit hesitant about the crowds.....
Mui Ne seems good but we are looking for more remote beach....
Thanks in advance,