All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: This is why it's so addictive
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:48 am 
Very Frequent Poster

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: This is why it's so addictive
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:34 am 
Medium Poster

:D :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

kiteboarding brings out the inner child in us. Awesome vid! :thumb: :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Reminds me of those moments. Typically 15-20 min, sadly sometimes and hour into a session where you have this epiphany that you are literally making work. our fighting your bar, your forcing our board, your strained, and the mood is a mix of aggression, desperation, and angst to get to the better looking waves. The epiphany moment is one of the best feelings in the world. Its like suddenly finding the path of least resistance, where you lighten up on the bar, your connection and feel through the board get soft and smooth, and you start to cue into that feeling of acceleration mentioned in the clip. Your posture alters, your breathing alters, and your mood instantly washes off leaving only a light focus. Somehow all the good looking sets are easy to see and time. Come to think of it, its kinda like regressing back to age 11 ! Im sure that path of least resistance is always there no matter what your doing, but kiting, is one of the easiest ways to find that feeling or simply riding your bike at age eleven.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:07 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Couple 'la things.

Whachewgonnodo when aLL the neurosurgeons are skating on Venice beach when you got a tuma in yo bean counta?

Point being, which came first, the chicken or the egg, with a heavy duty lean on the egg.

Both necessary.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:58 am 
Very Frequent Poster

It's a great feel good story that makes you want to quit your job. But, it's not very realistic. It's only because he was a doctor for so long that he was able to go live like a hermit on the beach. Basically, he retired.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:08 am 
Medium Poster

Do what ever the F.. You want to do.
" normal people" calling names this guy, haha I got names for normal people too.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:51 am 
Very Frequent Poster

yep. i recon he's onto something. It all about fluid motion!. All my sports are the same in that regard. mountainbiking, skateboarding, kiting. They are different mechanics to achieve the same thing.

I'm still half an arsewhole though. Need to work to provide for the family. But my sports are my form of meditation. I must be in fluid motion.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:36 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Starsky wrote:
Reminds me of those moments. Typically 15-20 min, sadly sometimes and hour into a session where you have this epiphany that you are literally making work. our fighting your bar, your forcing our board, your strained, and the mood is a mix of aggression, desperation, and angst to get to the better looking waves. The epiphany moment is one of the best feelings in the world. Its like suddenly finding the path of least resistance, where you lighten up on the bar, your connection and feel through the board get soft and smooth, and you start to cue into that feeling of acceleration mentioned in the clip. Your posture alters, your breathing alters, and your mood instantly washes off leaving only a light focus. Somehow all the good looking sets are easy to see and time. Come to think of it, its kinda like regressing back to age 11 ! Im sure that path of least resistance is always there no matter what your doing, but kiting, is one of the easiest ways to find that feeling or simply riding your bike at age eleven.

Thanks.

Spot on. Cackling and whooping like a mental case is usually a good sign I'm having fun too...

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:39 am 
Frequent Poster

He was loaded and sold everything he owned to make that lifestyle possible. 99,9% of all people in the world doesn't have that oppertunity. So good for him, but I'd rather go to work, make some money, so that I can't put a roof over my kids head.

But to some extend he's right. If you're not happy with your life, do something about it...

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next