*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:41 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:34 pm
Posts: 192
Location: somewhere
Hi,

i have a 9M and 12 meter Naish Torch 2014....Compare to other kites they seems very small for their size !

One thing is that when i am just over the confortable unhooked windrange whith the 12M , i am too light on the 9M for really doing something interesting !

Is this 3 meters gap too important ?


The 9M is really small and really really fast.....i am a bit astonished.... Is it normal on Torch ?

Thank


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:39 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8556
Location: Oahu
The Torch is a C kite, which means it will have a bit less power than kites with a flatter outline. It is extremely efficient for its size though.

I think 3 meter between kite kites seems good, and it might be just a matter of getting used to doing the tricks with a tad more power?

I only have an 11 though so I have not compared the 2014 12 and 9...before though I would usually go with a 12 and 10 or a 14 or 10. Mostly because 9 would generally be too light for me not that I would be overpowered on the 12.

Also...I suck at unhooking so take it for what it is worth.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 418
Location: Varna,Bulgaria
I have 12 and 8 combo which suits me very well.
Unhooked the 12m2 within 7-9m/s is fine, and the 8m2 is properly powered from 9m/s...
Me - 76-77 kilos, 134 Monarch
Interesting, the 12/9 quiver should be perfect.

L.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:42 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:17 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: Waves or flat
Im like you...

I like 12-10, the 12-9 gap is to big for freestyle. And there is a real difference between 10-9, its also seen in the KOTA, the guys are on 10, that hangs like a 12, as the 9 is more like a high end kite, or best as a wavekite for unhookt. Reo loved it to.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:28 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:34 pm
Posts: 192
Location: somewhere
PAFF wrote:
Im like you...

I like 12-10, the 12-9 gap is to big for freestyle. And there is a real difference between 10-9, its also seen in the KOTA, the guys are on 10, that hangs like a 12, as the 9 is more like a high end kite, or best as a wavekite for unhookt. Reo loved it to.


Agree.....the 9M seems to be a hooked hight wind freestyle kite (kiteloop, etc....) very small, fast, with an hight wind range !

I am a little bit disapointed...Must i change my new 9M for a 10M ? What would be the good combo : ?
12-10-8 ? Or maybe 14M-10-8 ?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:49 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 am
Posts: 2
Hi there. I ride Torches 14-11-8-6. The 8 is 2014, the rest 2013. Really enjoy the 14 for its low end, and the 11 is perfect for wakestyle. They rocket upwind to. Could not ask for more in a kite :)

For the 8 and 6 I notice the same thing you are telling. There is a pretty big gap between the 11 and 8. And the 8 (and 6) feels a little to fast for wakestyle. You don't get the same grunt at all. I solved this issue by changing to 20m lines (before I had 24 on the 8). However, you get a bigger gap between the 11 and 8 when you reduce the line length on the small one.

Next time I will go for 14-11-9-7, but there are very few sessions I have issues with the gap...

Have you tried different setting on the 9m?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:41 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:34 pm
Posts: 192
Location: somewhere
jesseB wrote:
Hi there. I ride Torches 14-11-8-6. The 8 is 2014, the rest 2013. Really enjoy the 14 for its low end, and the 11 is perfect for wakestyle. They rocket upwind to. Could not ask for more in a kite :)

For the 8 and 6 I notice the same thing you are telling. There is a pretty big gap between the 11 and 8. And the 8 (and 6) feels a little to fast for wakestyle. You don't get the same grunt at all. I solved this issue by changing to 20m lines (before I had 24 on the 8). However, you get a bigger gap between the 11 and 8 when you reduce the line length on the small one.

Next time I will go for 14-11-9-7, but there are very few sessions I have issues with the gap...

Have you tried different setting on the 9m?


Yes no grunt on the 9M.....Not the same kite than the 12M in reduced size....With the short line the small kites fly more like the bigger torch ?

It seems than 2M is the maximum gap fot his kite.....


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:12 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 am
Posts: 2
Mike27 wrote:
jesseB wrote:
Hi there. I ride Torches 14-11-8-6. The 8 is 2014, the rest 2013. Really enjoy the 14 for its low end, and the 11 is perfect for wakestyle. They rocket upwind to. Could not ask for more in a kite :)

For the 8 and 6 I notice the same thing you are telling. There is a pretty big gap between the 11 and 8. And the 8 (and 6) feels a little to fast for wakestyle. You don't get the same grunt at all. I solved this issue by changing to 20m lines (before I had 24 on the 8). However, you get a bigger gap between the 11 and 8 when you reduce the line length on the small one.

Next time I will go for 14-11-9-7, but there are very few sessions I have issues with the gap...

Have you tried different setting on the 9m?


Yes no grunt on the 9M.....Not the same kite than the 12M in reduced size....With the short line the small kites fly more like the bigger torch ?

It seems than 2M is the maximum gap fot his kite.....


Yeah, the shorter lines made more grunt, more similar to my 11. You can also try out the inner settings on the front lines.

Btw, the 14 and 11 goes together well.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:24 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:34 pm
Posts: 192
Location: somewhere
jesseB wrote:
Mike27 wrote:
jesseB wrote:
Hi there. I ride Torches 14-11-8-6. The 8 is 2014, the rest 2013. Really enjoy the 14 for its low end, and the 11 is perfect for wakestyle. They rocket upwind to. Could not ask for more in a kite :)

For the 8 and 6 I notice the same thing you are telling. There is a pretty big gap between the 11 and 8. And the 8 (and 6) feels a little to fast for wakestyle. You don't get the same grunt at all. I solved this issue by changing to 20m lines (before I had 24 on the 8). However, you get a bigger gap between the 11 and 8 when you reduce the line length on the small one.

Next time I will go for 14-11-9-7, but there are very few sessions I have issues with the gap...

Have you tried different setting on the 9m?


Yes no grunt on the 9M.....Not the same kite than the 12M in reduced size....With the short line the small kites fly more like the bigger torch ?

It seems than 2M is the maximum gap fot his kite.....


Yeah, the shorter lines made more grunt, more similar to my 11. You can also try out the inner settings on the front lines.

Btw, the 14 and 11 goes together well.


Yep the only setting that i haven't change is the front line.....i am gona have a try......But 12-9M really seems a big gap.....i will see.

Thanks for your help


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Need advice from Naish Torch users
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:39 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:17 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: Waves or flat
The 14-12-11-10 is just fantastic for freestyle, the smaller ones I'm to old and afraid and go for the Park there...


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jsquid, madworld, Miltsface, RedStar, waterlogged and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group