All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: New guy headed to the Florida Keys this weekend.
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:07 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey there everyone. I'm heading down to the Keys this weekend (10th & 11th) to get some good flat water time. Winds are looking good (consistent 17-20mph) Just wanted to know if anyone had suggestions on where to go. I'm thinking Bahia Honda & Curry Hammock state parks? I've had good luck with them so far. Hopefully I'll meet some fellow kiters who can show me a few things.

Thanks!

2013 Best Cabo 11m
140 Starkite Board
160lb

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: New guy headed to the Florida Keys this weekend.
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:03 pm 
Medium Poster

I may go to Anne's Beach tomorrow, its the southern part of Islamorada. Big 16m bright green/orange/yellow Liquid Force NRG.

Bahia and Curry Hammock are both good choices.

Whatever you do, get there in the AM - if there is sun, there are people and those beaches are all narrow.

If you want detailed advice, stop by Otherside Watersports in Islamorada. They are also active on this forum.

Post subject: Re: New guy headed to the Florida Keys this weekend.
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

bahia honda is pretty cool if you don't mind making the extra drive from islamorada. personally i always go to islamorada because there are lots of great spots.

most spots in the keys are pretty technical launches, either with narrow beaches or just generally sketchy launching landing sites so try to hook up with someone that can help you out

[ 3 posts ]