*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: PEA ISLAND "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:02 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Posts: 1540
Location: Southwestern Ontario
RichardM wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:
Guys just wanted to let you know that PEA ISLAND has been closed for Kiteboarding. Just got a "Warning" from the (US & WildLife Service officer).
So in few words you are not allowed to kite in the sound or on the ocean starting from south of the Oregon bridge all the way down to Rodanthe.

.
I’m surprised that you weren’t a good enough little sheeple to volunteer your SSN. Perhaps this extraordinary resistance to tyranny (which of course is necessary for your own good) indicates that you are actually a terrorist or an evil extremist. At least you gave Officer Secret Name your DL # like a good Amerikan - despite that you weren’t operating a “vehicle” for which a DL is required.

However, for those of us who might doubt the accuracy and/or truthfulness of Officer Secret Name’s allegation that you were violating some LEGAL regulation/law, perhaps you could state what the illegible portions say. Specifically, what is the “Offense Charged” and what is the “Offense Description” ? Hopefully, this info will provide us subversive doubters with the ability to actually LOOK UP the supposed regulation/law which you seem to have ADMITTED violating. It also looks like the time of the alleged “Offense” was “10:40 P.M.", which seems somewhat unlikely.

Thanks.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET



Offense charged: violate special regulation
Offense description: launch/recover kiteboard - New Inlet


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: PEA ISLAND "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:23 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 am
Posts: 454
RichardM wrote:
Bille wrote:
@ Richard
Why so cynical ? I Don't get it ! And that's coming from
someone that actually kinda sorta Likes Ya -------------sometimes.

Bille

Unfortunately I have lost all patience with kiters who are too wimpy, gutless, apathetic etc. to even PRETEND (even if only as a BLUFF), that they think that they MAY still have some SHRED of their "rights" left - let alone actually make some minuscule ATTEMPT at preserving whatever may be left.

And the foregoing goes DOUBLE for people in the industry, who SHOULD be at the forefront.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


None of those adjectives even remotely apply to Dimitri.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Pea Island "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:06 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:00 am
Posts: 239
I'm curious what the actual restrictions are? Is the closed area just within the bird sanctuary area on the North end of the island where the FW&P has all the walkways, & offices or is the whole island "off limits"? The birdy areas are up north in the swampy part near the new inlet so it doesn't make sense that the area from Hatteras to Rodanthe is closed? Is this drastic of a change even legal without doing a public comment period? I can't imagine that if public notice would have been given and open comment allowed there wouldn't have been a huge public outcry. They can outlaw personal watercraft but not other boats? It seems this topic needs a lot of clarification. I have written the FW & P there for more info but who knows how long it'll be until I receive a reply - or if I will.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Pea Island "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:22 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:04 am
Posts: 178
Quote:
I'm curious what the actual restrictions are? Is the closed area just within the bird sanctuary area on the North end of the island where the FW&P has all the walkways, & offices or is the whole island "off limits"? The birdy areas are up north in the swampy part near the new inlet so it doesn't make sense that the area from Hatteras to Rodanthe is closed?

It is Pea Island. That is the area from the South side of Bonner Bridge to the North end of the town of Rodanthe. That part of the island is a refuge. It is Federal land. No one said Hatteras island is off limits which is Rodanthe to Hatteras village.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Pea Island "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:31 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:03 am
Posts: 76
Lewmt the area in question is Pea Island NWR which is from Oregon Inlet to S-turns just N of Rodanthe. It does not apply to the rest of Hatteras Island. Nearly all of the good kiting areas are open.

After looking closer it looks like Dimitri got his warning at New Inlet which is now in the middle of a multi year construction project. You can forget kiting or doing anything else in this area until they finish. The parking lot / boat ramp where he probably tried to land is now a staging area for heavy equipment. Sorry to say but if that is the case trying to land there now is asking for trouble and unwanted attention toward kiters.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Pea Island "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:17 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
.
Laughingman wrote:
RichardM wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:
Guys just wanted to let you know that PEA ISLAND has been closed for Kiteboarding. Just got a "Warning" from the (US & WildLife Service officer).
So in few words you are not allowed to kite in the sound or on the ocean starting from south of the Oregon bridge all the way down to Rodanthe.

.
I’m surprised that you weren’t a good enough little sheeple to volunteer your SSN. Perhaps this extraordinary resistance to tyranny (which of course is necessary for your own good) indicates that you are actually a terrorist or an evil extremist. At least you gave Officer Secret Name your DL # like a good Amerikan - despite that you weren’t operating a “vehicle” for which a DL is required.

However, for those of us who might doubt the accuracy and/or truthfulness of Officer Secret Name’s allegation that you were violating some LEGAL regulation/law, perhaps you could state what the illegible portions say. Specifically, what is the “Offense Charged” and what is the “Offense Description” ? Hopefully, this info will provide us subversive doubters with the ability to actually LOOK UP the supposed regulation/law which you seem to have ADMITTED violating. It also looks like the time of the alleged “Offense” was “10:40 P.M.", which seems somewhat unlikely.

Thanks.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET



Offense charged: violate special regulation
Offense description: launch/recover kiteboard - New Inlet


Thanks. I thought that's what it said. I just couldn't believe it.

William Munney wrote:
RichardM wrote:
Bille wrote:
@ Richard
Why so cynical ? I Don't get it ! And that's coming from
someone that actually kinda sorta Likes Ya -------------sometimes.

Bille

Unfortunately I have lost all patience with kiters who are too wimpy, gutless, apathetic etc. to even PRETEND (even if only as a BLUFF), that they think that they MAY still have some SHRED of their "rights" left - let alone actually make some minuscule ATTEMPT at preserving whatever may be left.

And the foregoing goes DOUBLE for people in the industry, who SHOULD be at the forefront.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


None of those adjectives even remotely apply to Dimitri.


As far as I’m concerned EVERY one of those adjectives apply to ANYONE who sucks down an UNDISCLOSED SUPPOSED “VIOLATION” of some ALLEGED “special regulation” without fighting it. Obviously, IF there is a LEGAL “special regulation”, it has a NUMBER so that it can be LOOKED UP. If it does NOT have a NUMBER so it can be LOOKED UP, even here in the land of the supposedly very, very free, I’ll bet it is ILLEGAL and SHOULD be FOUGHT on that basis ( as well as on various OTHER grounds).

As far as I’m concerned EVERY one of those adjectives apply to ANYONE who sucks down a SUPPOSED “VIOLATION” consisting of SUPPOSEDLY “launch/recover kiteboard” without fighting it. It SAYS that your hero either launched OR recovered his “kiteboard” OR did BOTH these things and that SUPPOSEDLY these hideous crimes are “violations” of the SUPPOSEDLY legal “special regulation”.

Do you think that you wouldn’t have a slight chance of getting a supposed “regulation” thrown out - so that it couldn’t be used against OTHER brave kiters in the future - that makes it SUPPOSEDLY illegal to “launch” a “kiteboard”? Or “recover” a “kiteboard” ? Obviously, most of the BRAVE kiters reading this post can LEGALLY kite there since they NEVER “launch” “kiteboards” and to “recover” their “kiteboards” is harmless (besides being too vague to be enforceable).

Furthermore, I’ll bet that unless this alleged violator courageously ADMITTED he committed these vile offenses, Officer Secret Name would have had to have SEEN him do so - he could not LEGALLY be cited based upon an ASSUMPTION that he committed the offenses.

In this vein, according to the ticket, Officer Secret Name apparently could NOT specifically IDENTIFY the alleged “regulation” other than to allege that it is “special”, didn’t know whether the alleged “violation(s)” consisted of launching OR recovery OR both launching and recovery of the “kiteboard”, doesn’t appear to identify WHERE these alleged “violation(s)” occurred (at the same place or different places), and alleged that they occurred at 10:40 AT NIGHT.

So apparently, your hero could not be bothered to fight as bogus a ticket as you could imagine thereby HELPING TO PROMOTE the arbitrary and probably completely illegal denial of access based upon the whims of people such as Officer Secret Name. On the other hand, fighting it would have at LEAST increased the POSSIBILITY that access could preserved, or even, God forbid, INCREASED.

In fact, since this particular alleged violator has such a large following of faithful admirers and is able to generate more publicity and support than virtually ANYONE ELSE in the industry, as far as I’m concerned, he has a greater DUTY to resist this type of tyranny and therefore in this instance my opinion stated above goes TRIPLE.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Pea Island "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:20 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Posts: 1723
RichardM wrote:
.
...


So apparently, your hero could not be bothered to fight as bogus a ticket as you could imagine thereby HELPING TO PROMOTE the arbitrary and probably completely illegal denial of access based upon the whims of people such as Officer Secret Name. On the other hand, fighting it would have at LEAST increased the POSSIBILITY that access could preserved, or even, God forbid, INCREASED.

...

Richard M.
...


He Got the ticket on May 9.
He posted the occurrence on May 9.
He Hasn't even had time to legally react to this , and your Bashing the guy for
not fighting it more ? !!

Sorry Richard, but i think Your "Over Reacting a bit" (.)

And Dimitri M is a Hero to a Lot of kiters around the world, mostly
because he treats Anyone who gives him respect ; he treats Them
with the same !! You wanna be like Dimitri (?) then give a little Respect ; and
you sir, are NOT doing that !!

Bille


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Pea Island "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:06 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
Bille wrote:
RichardM wrote:
.
...


So apparently, your hero could not be bothered to fight as bogus a ticket as you could imagine thereby HELPING TO PROMOTE the arbitrary and probably completely illegal denial of access based upon the whims of people such as Officer Secret Name. On the other hand, fighting it would have at LEAST increased the POSSIBILITY that access could preserved, or even, God forbid, INCREASED.

...

Richard M.
...


He Got the ticket on May 9.
He posted the occurrence on May 9.
He Hasn't even had time to legally react to this , and your Bashing the guy for
not fighting it more ? !!

Sorry Richard, but i think Your "Over Reacting a bit" (.)

And Dimitri M is a Hero to a Lot of kiters around the world, mostly
because he treats Anyone who gives him respect ; he treats Them
with the same !! You wanna be like Dimitri (?) then give a little Respect ; and
you sir, are NOT doing that !!

Bille

I could be mistaken, but the fact that it is a WARNING and NOT a CITATION indicates that he apparently ADMITTED committing the alleged "violation(s)" and I doubt that it is possible to fight a "warning". Additionally, it seems unlikely that Officer Secret Name would write a "warning" if the alleged perpetrator refused to concede that a violation occurred - after all, there would then have been no reason to cease kiting (except that it was allegedly 10:40 at night) let alone start this thread.

As to the issue of "respect", it's been hard, but I've managed to resign myself to the fact that I'll never be anywhere near proficient enough to be able to set the TERRIBLE examples of unsafe behavior that are his trademark and I'll therefore have to get by without any "respect" attributable tothat type of conduct.

However, my opinion in that regard is IRRELEVANT to the topic under discussion, which has to do with losing access because kiters are too wimpy and apathetic to make the slightest attempt to protect access by even PRETENDING that they intend to resist OUTRIGHT TYRANNY in any manner whatsoever.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Pea Island "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:47 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Posts: 1723
@ Richard
Like i indicated previously : i think your over reacting.
Ya need a cold Beer ; if you send me the bill for a 6'er of some Decent
brewhaw , i'll Gladly pay-pal Ya the money !! :D

Meanwhile
Go back and reread this by --robg-- ; seams like it don't have
nothing to do with kiters being Too Wimpy to hold access to there beaches ?

Bille

robg wrote:
...

After looking closer it looks like Dimitri got his warning at New Inlet which is now in the middle of a multi year construction project. You can forget kiting or doing anything else in this area until they finish. The parking lot / boat ramp where he probably tried to land is now a staging area for heavy equipment. Sorry to say but if that is the case trying to land there now is asking for trouble and unwanted attention toward kiters.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Pea Island "OBX" (closed for Kiteboarding)
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:35 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
Bille wrote:
@ Richard
Like i indicated previously : i think your over reacting.
Ya need a cold Beer ; if you send me the bill for a 6'er of some Decent
brewhaw , i'll Gladly pay-pal Ya the money !! :D

Meanwhile
Go back and reread this by --robg-- ; seams like it don't have
nothing to do with kiters being Too Wimpy to hold access to there beaches ?

Bille

robg wrote:
...

After looking closer it looks like Dimitri got his warning at New Inlet which is now in the middle of a multi year construction project. You can forget kiting or doing anything else in this area until they finish. The parking lot / boat ramp where he probably tried to land is now a staging area for heavy equipment. Sorry to say but if that is the case trying to land there now is asking for trouble and unwanted attention toward kiters.


Thanks for your offer, but I have other vices.

However, after following your advice and partaking of one of said vices and on reconsideration, I must admit that you make a good point in that my distress regarding kiters' lack of resistance concerning the CONSTANT, ONGOING and ACCELERATING denial of access is inappropriate.

If kiters are too wimpy, apathetic and/or STUPID to have seen the writing on the wall (or in this case, on the ticket) and/or can not grasp the implications of what happens when they make it EASY for people such as Officer Secret Name and other enemies like the bird people to arbitrarily deny kiters their right to access, no amount of my ranting about it on this forum will make the slightest difference.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Hessel and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group