All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: North Juice is real
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

BTW - maybe some people think it is an old style, which doesn't need any new gear and no one will buy it.

Well, but this draws people into the sport...just today a family approached me and was so inspired, that they want to get lessons to try it.

Companies need to understand who buys their kites and why...and to grow the sport it needs to focus on its attraction. And this is mainly jumping.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Michelks wrote:
A few years ago we didn't have many choices for LW and ULW, today we have lots of kites to chose.
We have big kites for race competition, we have big kites for freeride in 6/8 knots wind, big kites for air style and we have big kites that are bad in all situations, like a fuse 18 that I bought last year.
Since big kites are very hard to second hand sell, my advice is to try a lot before buying and never buy without comparing with other kite brands or categories.
I love North kites, Rebel and Dice and because of that I wanted a big kite from North to replace my SP3 21.
I think many others think and act like me, and this is wrong.

Do we? Airstyle wise? I've tried just about all of them. The 2011 dyno still comes out on top. The race and freeride is definetly covered. Airstyle I'm not so sure.

The dyno 2011 was not designed to be an 'airstyle' kite. It just happened to offer the right amount of static grunt, aspect and Turning speed. Nothing to do with lack of evolution. There is no doubt that Toby has made a strong contribution towards hopefully companies realising there could be a strong market for such a kite. Last three years has really focused on wakestyle (driven by pkra), wave and the almighty and elusive all rounder.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:15 am 
Very Frequent Poster

For sure there is a demand. I get quiet some feedback regarding a good big kite for airstyle.

And my message is clear: if you want to advance your Hooked tricks, a big kite is the way to go.
My progression is due to the 18.

just landed another new trick today! And have 740 tricks on video.
Try to do that with a 10, and you will spend more time in hospital than on the water.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:23 am 
Rare Poster

Anyone got any news when the. Juice is going to be available in the UK yet?

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4