All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Save Florida kite spots being shut down!
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:24 pm 
Rare Poster

Toby make it sticky!

Please it takes 5 minutes. Call, Email, Sign and Share FL Kiting needs your help
https://www.change.org/petitions/rick-s ... teboarding

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Save Florida kite spots being shut down!
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:42 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

we will keep bumping it up!

I shared it on all my places!

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:32 pm 
Rare Poster

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Petition signed

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:57 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

E-mail sent too !

pls everyone, help!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:21 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Signed. These people that dream up these Bans like this and for not scaring the Precious Birds need to get a Flippin Job!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Isn't this old news? Didn't this subject come up recently? I thought RickI and some others had it sorted. I saw this pop up on the ikitesurf forum today as well.

The last time I checked the regs only effect launch spots within a very small distance from the runway. It actually seemed reasonable to me and based on what I know this only affected 1 or 2 spots in FL. Please correct me if I am wrong.

IMO it does make some sense to restrict kiting within a short distance from the direct flight path of planes taking off and landing. Every once in awhile it could be a conflict and in this case (kiting near the Sarasota airport) I believe there is plenty of room to launch and ride outside/away from the proposed restricted area. If I was teaching someone I would tell them that this would not be a good place to ride, regs or no regs. Common sense?

Don't get me wrong...I dislike regulations on our sport as much as anyone, but sometimes people do not use common sense...probably why we have most laws.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:23 am 
Very Frequent Poster

robertovillate wrote:
Isn't this old news? Didn't this subject come up recently? I thought RickI and some others had it sorted. I saw this pop up on the ikitesurf forum today as well.

The last time I checked the regs only effect launch spots within a very small distance from the runway. It actually seemed reasonable to me and based on what I know this only affected 1 or 2 spots in FL. Please correct me if I am wrong.

IMO it does make some sense to restrict kiting within a short distance from the direct flight path of planes taking off and landing. Every once in awhile it could be a conflict and in this case (kiting near the Sarasota airport) I believe there is plenty of room to launch and ride outside/away from the proposed restricted area. If I was teaching someone I would tell them that this would not be a good place to ride, regs or no regs. Common sense?

Don't get me wrong...I dislike regulations on our sport as much as anyone, but sometimes people do not use common sense...probably why we have most laws.

Exactly, I think it makes perfect sense. It affects 1 spot (in sarasota, I think).

Everyone keeps reposting this on every forum and on social media without spending the 30 seconds to read what it actually does.

All this calling senators and trying to get rick scott to listen to your complaints without donating to his campaign first is doing is shining more of a light on kiteboarding and has more potential for harm than good

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:25 am 
Rare Poster

I counted 92 rideable locations along the Florida coast that it would outlaw kiting! There is a spot that 2 schools operate 1 of them bought land and set up a real nice beach parking launching and viewing area. Just because the problem started in Sarasota doesn't mean it doesn't affect lots of launches. I'm not going to list the places affected because I don't need to help authorities accumulate a list. It is in no way sorted. They added kiteboarding to the bill 3 days before the last vote after working for 8 years to come up with a reasonable parasail regulation. There are a lot of intelligent people working to keep this from happening on many levels stopping the governor from signing it is just the first step. We are already working with the FWC to help them find a proper way to enforce this should it become law. More importantly we've got them working with us. If you want to go and bury your head in the sand or somewhere else and hope this goes away you go right ahead. The simple truth is we are not impeding air traffic at all ever.

Dyyylan that Inlet with the lighthouse looks like a great spot to ride just up the road from you. When I draw a line a mile out from the runway end then go 90 degrees 1/4 mile by my count it hits the beach there and I didn't include it in my original 92. It's close enough for someone to argue and you better hope they don't but if they do we will be here fighting for you too.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:14 am 
Rare Poster

1,600 and counting thanks for all the support keep it coming.

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next