All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Engine Harness Review
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:33 am 
Very Frequent Poster

eree wrote:
Flyfish wrote:
...Starting with the cost of the harness: It's expensive in the scheme of harnesses. But it's hand made, and I really dig the thought of someone starting a small business and making a living off of it. I can't tell you how cool I think that is. Everything we use is coming from China. The new Bay Bridge in San Francisco was even made in China. Seriously:.....
I highly doubt Coleman is becoming rich off these harnesses......

Build quality is killer. You can tell that Coleman is trying to improve the harness every way he can. Again, it's handmade giving a cool uniqueness that I'm super into. If you are the type that likes your stuff to look like it came from China, then it's not for you.......

jsquid wrote:
Another plug for Coleman and his harnesses here. I got mine a few weeks ago and immediately put in 6 days in a row on it in OBX. No discomfort issues, build quality is great, you can tell it is handmade but that is a plus IMO...

well i'm not ready to become an amish yet. so i gave the south-east asian robots manufactured or 3D printed (since those are not "hand-made" apparently) 2014 dakine pyro a try yesterday. and you know what? i didn't feel a thing! yes exactly - nothing, unlike with my previous 4 or 5 years old pyro. no firm edges cutting in my flesh, no ride up, no spreader bar pushing in my ribs.
and best of all i could try it before i bought it!

don't you guys think that the reviews of the products like engine harness are destined to be positive?
i mean you took the red pill and ordered the expensive harness tailored just for you.
you automatically became a hostage of your purchase. so you continue to live in an illusion that there are no harness in the world better than yours without even trying the already existing solutions?

I tried several harnesses before the engine, see my post to Bwd which will hopefully clarify the difference.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:03 am 
Very Frequent Poster

or i´m a bit dumb or Awn was using a bit of irony

let´s see if Awn clarify, will be fun to find out…

if it turns bad guess i always got the excuse english is not my 1st language

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:20 pm 
Rare Poster

eree wrote:
jsquid wrote:
Another plug for Coleman and his harnesses here. I got mine a few weeks ago and immediately put in 6 days in a row on it in OBX. No discomfort issues, build quality is great, you can tell it is handmade but that is a plus IMO...

well i'm not ready to become an amish yet. so i gave the south-east asian robots manufactured or 3D printed (since those are not "hand-made" apparently) 2014 dakine pyro a try yesterday. and you know what? i didn't feel a thing! yes exactly - nothing, unlike with my previous 4 or 5 years old pyro. no firm edges cutting in my flesh, no ride up, no spreader bar pushing in my ribs.
and best of all i could try it before i bought it!

don't you guys think that the reviews of the products like engine harness are destined to be positive?
i mean you took the red pill and ordered the expensive harness tailored just for you.
you automatically became a hostage of your purchase. so you continue to live in an illusion that there are no harness in the world better than yours without even trying the already existing solutions?

Destined to be positive, not at all, only positive if the product earns it. Sure, I'm happy that it turned out to be as comfortable as it is, but if it turned out to be otherwise I'd not lie to myself or others just to try to feel better.

I'm not making any claims that there is no better harness in the world, only that my experience with Coleman was positive, and my experience with the product has also been positive thus far.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Cab Driver wrote:
TomW wrote:
Been thinking of getting one of these. Have intermittent problems with nr1 or nr 2 vertebrae. Years sgo had problems further up.

As a side note. Been using seat harness, and 3 times I have wacked out those lower vertebrae just pumping kite or bending over with harness on. Bang! Messed up for 2 weeks. Typical disk problem, I think caused by harness locking my hips and forcing back to over bend at lower vertebrae.

So was thinking of getting an engine.

Any thoughts on back issues converting from seat harness. Ya ya, I know seat harness is not cool.

I have 14 years with a ruptured disk at L5/S1. After returning to the water from my injury, I got into a waist harness as soon as possible. I was windsurfing since I was a little kid and the pressure there is so much worse than kiting. At the time of my injury, I was not kiting yet, but I learned shortly after my return to the water. I had to wear a seat harness when I first got back on the water, but after 9-12 months, I switched to a waist and never looked back. Then I learned to kite. I feel a waist harness in kiting actually provides more back support than a seat harness.

A couple years back when we were really pushing and developing kite racing, I used a seat harness briefly again because of the ease of leverage using quad fin raceboards. However, I experienced a 90% reduction in hip movement and some back pain that I have largely gotten rid of through years and years of PT, so I only used a seat harness for about 6 weeks. Every injury is different, but with the reduced freedom of movement in the hips, the seat harness seems to really isolate the overall movement to the lower back, which is exactly the opposite of what I need with a back injury.

Thanks for your feedback Cab. Ive never looked this up. But I googled it and the symptoms ive had and my highly anecdotal experience says the seat harness has locked my hips, forcing my lower back to move in ways that injures lower back. All my injury this way has been on land while just bending over with seat harness on....Will seriously consider a waist harness.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:55 pm 
Frequent Poster

I Have 2 collapsed discs in my lower back, I have found that a waist harness and kiting improve the situation but a seat or shorts harness leads to trouble.

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3