Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New 2015 naish pivot?

Forum for kitesurfers
PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Re: New 2015 naish pivot?

Postby PAFF » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Been out on 7-9-12..

Fucking love that kite, its fun again to ride powred..

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:20 pm

PAFF wrote:Been out on 7-9-12..

Fucking love that kite, its fun again to ride powred..
Nice. Whats your favorite? And primary riding? Jumping or waves? Or both? ;-)

madmax7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby madmax7 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 pm

Bought the 12M Pivot, great kite, BUT

Bar pressure is greater than my 2011 12m cult and 2012 12m park

My son , 26yo also rides my kites and he also found bar pressure heavier.

Then I texted a Naish Pro in Maui and he concurred with my assessment

Any others?

I have a 2013 9m park, and was thinking to get a 9m pivot but bar pressure has me worried.

Don't want arm fatigue after a couple hrs in water

Thanks for input. Max

Er Presidente
Medium Poster

Postby Er Presidente » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 pm

@ madmax7
thank you so much for the first real feedback on the kite.
i cannot stand all these pro's, dealer and marketers (like tautologies) pimping the kite no stop.
i been riding Naish since the Shockwave days but i got so disappointed at how biased the reviews have been.
2015 kite is always better than 2014. 2016 is always better then 2015.
its a joke

Naish Bolt sucked compared to Helix 2010.
2014 Park much better then 2013 though because of the direct bridle with no pulleys though.

question is: is Pivot better than Park overall?

What i love about the parks is that on wave u can ride it with one hand with v light bar pressure.
I couldn't give a damn if Pivot pulls less than Park because Park depowers so much given the long depower rope so all this pimping about Pivot not pulling during turns is just marketing b/s

I was thinking about upgrading to Pivot but the heavier bar pressure you described is a no go for me. Thanks again for the very first unbiased review of the Pivot Madmax.

also max is the pivot faster turning than Park 2014? I see that Pivot has pulleys on the bridle so theoretically i can still see Parks turning faster and more effortless. Pls let us know

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:39 am

madmax7 wrote:Bought the 12M Pivot, great kite, BUT

Bar pressure is greater than my 2011 12m cult and 2012 12m park

My son , 26yo also rides my kites and he also found bar pressure heavier.

Then I texted a Naish Pro in Maui and he concurred with my assessment

Any others?

I have a 2013 9m park, and was thinking to get a 9m pivot but bar pressure has me worried.

Don't want arm fatigue after a couple hrs in water

Thanks for input. Max
Hmm, I think the bar pressure is a bit different. Not heavier than my 2014 parks, but different. It might well be a tad heavier than the 2012. I think it has to do with bar pressure being so even.

It also seems to pull quite a bit through the harness which I am guessing is because it doesn't generate a ton of power when turning. I must admit I tried it pretty marginal winds...so I was mainly happy with its low end :-)
So as a comment..I did stay out for quite some time and had no problems with bar pressure.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:59 am

I think the bar pressure is med. i like it ! Just went to sherman for 5 days and was on my 14 & 12 primarly but got the 9m out for one session. Sunday I had three sessions and never got fatigued over bar pressure. Its true about the continuos pull through the turns and how it lets you down easy from a jump. Last year i had the 2013 drifters and after a 3 day trip to mex i sold them imediatly because of the bar pressure. The year before i had bws noise kites and sold them due to too light bar pressure, poor build quality and the lack of wind range. Im really happy with the pivots. When i sold my punch,smoke and mr green to get them i was skeptical but now i definantly feel i made the right choice. Kinda feel like i should have gone 14,12,10,8 instead of 14,12,9,7 though. Doubt ill ever get to fly the 7m at 226lbs

niknas
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Da Gorge, Los Barriles
Gear: Duotone, North, North Pacific, Lift Foil.

Postby niknas » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Disclaimer: I don't work for nor am I sponsored by Naish or any shop. I am just an older kiter who has been riding for a little over 9 years. I ride in da Gorge and Baja on directionals.

Bar pressure is a non issue for me. I never even thought about it until this thread. My legs are trash before I feel any upper body fatigue. I have been riding the Pivots for over a month on directionals both strapped and strap less. My go to kite size is the 8m with the 6m a close second (I am 190#). It tends to blow hard and gusty here in the Columbia River Gorge so I have only been on my 11m (my largest kite) only a couple of times.

The Pivots are my all time favorite kite, they are the latest greatest kite for my style of riding. I just came off of 2014 Parks which I never really bonded to, could be the "punch". I would say the Pivots are closer to my old 2012 Parks which I loved. The Pivots are fast turning have smooth power and they do suck up gusts which we have plenty of here. Again, bar pressure is a non issue. For a new release the Pivot already has a big presence here in the Gorge. If the number of Pivots I am seeing on the water here is any indication Naish has a big hit on their hands.

Nik

Pier

Postby Pier » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:37 pm

What do you thinks, on gusty wind better Park or Pivot?

madmax7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards

Postby madmax7 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:27 am

At Er

I only addressed bar pressure because it's the only thing I was a little surprised about

It is a great kite, has good low end and upper range went to bout low 20s mph, jumps great, and it's forgiving when I screw up.

I am intermediate and don't do waves so ... Don't know much

It is quick turning, I think better than parks specially for a 12 ( but I really like my 2013 9M Park)

I'll b in Maui next month and gonna try grab a 9m pivot to compare, I know it doesn't help much now

Max

Ps thanks for input on bar pressure. In Jan I head to Costa Rica (Sherman Island next weekend) where I mostly use a 9m and a 7m, I usually get 4 90 min sessions a day, and not sure that given the bar pressure, that I would buy a 9m to take there. For the 7m I got the draft and used it quite a bit in Maui with 15 to 32 + winds in Kihei and never thought anything bout bar pressure, keep thoughts coming

ronf
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Larkspur ; Marina Bay, Ca.
Kailua, Oahu
Favorite Beaches: Kailua
Style: freeride
Gear: RRD Vision; Wainman Hawaii; Mako Boards

Postby ronf » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:15 am

Light bar pressure is important to me. I'm old and have some neck/back issues.
I've used my new 9 meter Pivot about 8 times, and consider the bar pressure in the light/medium range.
Love the kite. It jumps and floats great.

Return to “Kitesurfing”