All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Carafino Updates: General Topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:09 pm 
Frequent Poster

tkettlepoint wrote:
hell it could be the factory trying to get some of their money back that is owed for building them....
just saying.. I bought a bowflex for the wife from another country and they had 0 feedback. But I did get it next to nothing because of the feedback. drove 6 hrs to pick it up and it was like new.
terrie

maybe :thumb:

And another couple at retail price, I wonder if they actually have them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Carafino-H ... 1358560558

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

This is a copy paste from his FACEBOOK page. I am not allowed to post/reply on his page...

Hello All out there in the world of facebook and kitesurfing:

I am just now coming up for some air from all the work. Currently there are 70+ boards nearly ready for shipment and following 35 boards.

Thereafter Carafino will be caught up on all board deliveries due.

...I know that sounds funny as guys are waiting for foils. Those are ready also, for me I have been doing all of this solo for too long.
So with the combination of burning out, having to wear many hats with many people, asking myself if I really want to be doing this, I have had to take care of myself a bit more.

With that said, Carafino is in negotiation with 2 big brand names and looks that we will hand off our baby to the mass production boys for the kite surf market. The foil will not have a life time warranty and I will be sending out the invoices for all those out who have purchased in the lifetime warranty period, to sign so that we have your lifetime warranties locked in.

What is on the immediate horizon for the boards is the 2015 model. It will be very similar in design as the ASV hydrofoil boards. The boards will be featured in Tuttle box and also diamond plate Carafino attachment.

We are bringing another set of wings to the market in about 5 weeks. They will be larger and similar in the sword design but with a bit of Carafino added modification. 5 year warranty on the new blade sets.

We will also have a new T bar coming out that will have some small changes. All the new blades will be compatible with the Carafino t bars. All customers with signed invoices will receive the new blades and 50% discount to keep them up on the development without pinching the pocket.

Currently I am on the island of Bali finalizing the board production and then back to the foil factory. From there to the Golden State of California and Europe.

More to follow.............

C A R A F I N O

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

wdric wrote:
tkettlepoint wrote:
hell it could be the factory trying to get some of their money back that is owed for building them....
just saying.. I bought a bowflex for the wife from another country and they had 0 feedback. But I did get it next to nothing because of the feedback. drove 6 hrs to pick it up and it was like new.
terrie

maybe :thumb:

And another couple at retail price, I wonder if they actually have them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Carafino-H ... 1358560558

Note they are a pre-order with an August delivery date. This shop most likely pre-ordered some boards and in anticipation delivery soon. They are probably just trying to profit from their 2 for 1 purchase. The also have a 2nd Ebay auction but a $1900 price with is odd and worth questioning.

I would not buy on Ebay from China with zero feedback, but I would not have any problem buying from 3mekitesports( I am not associated with them in any way)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:50 pm 
Medium Poster

Arcsrule wrote:
This is a copy paste from his FACEBOOK page. I am not allowed to post/reply on his page...

Hello All out there in the world of facebook and kitesurfing:

I am just now coming up for some air from all the work. Currently there are 70+ boards nearly ready for shipment and following 35 boards.

Thereafter Carafino will be caught up on all board deliveries due.

...I know that sounds funny as guys are waiting for foils. Those are ready also, for me I have been doing all of this solo for too long.
So with the combination of burning out, having to wear many hats with many people, asking myself if I really want to be doing this, I have had to take care of myself a bit more.

With that said, Carafino is in negotiation with 2 big brand names and looks that we will hand off our baby to the mass production boys for the kite surf market. The foil will not have a life time warranty and I will be sending out the invoices for all those out who have purchased in the lifetime warranty period, to sign so that we have your lifetime warranties locked in.

What is on the immediate horizon for the boards is the 2015 model. It will be very similar in design as the ASV hydrofoil boards. The boards will be featured in Tuttle box and also diamond plate Carafino attachment.

We are bringing another set of wings to the market in about 5 weeks. They will be larger and similar in the sword design but with a bit of Carafino added modification. 5 year warranty on the new blade sets.

We will also have a new T bar coming out that will have some small changes. All the new blades will be compatible with the Carafino t bars. All customers with signed invoices will receive the new blades and 50% discount to keep them up on the development without pinching the pocket.

Currently I am on the island of Bali finalizing the board production and then back to the foil factory. From there to the Golden State of California and Europe.

More to follow.............

C A R A F I N O

The use of the word invoice is confusing. To me it says you are paying for something. And here it sounds like you are paying for the warranty which I thought came as part of the deal. I could be reading it wrong.

If he is passing the company off, is the new company going to handle warranties from the 2 4 1 boards? Or will there be a remnant company to handle those?

There's lots of speculation on his intentions. Whatever they were, it's clear he got in over his head trying to be a one man show. It would be tough for anyone to do alone. The chances of wild success were already thinned with over promising, under delivering, unrealistic timelines, and many other reasons. If he does make a deal with a bigger company, I think that is what he should have done in the first place. He could have licensed out his brand, maybe kept a stake in R and D, been the promotional face of the product, and while maybe keeping a smaller profit share, still might have a strong market share. Now it's tough to say what the brand will be worth to any company at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:55 pm 
Frequent Poster

Randahl wrote:
Now it's tough to say what the brand will be worth to any company at this point.

That's easy. Its worth fuckall just like the warranty.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:37 pm 
Frequent Poster

just was thinking... if a company buys a brand say brand C. doesn't the company have to full fill all manners of the Brand C company which are out standing or the company that bought it is on the hook for everything

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:15 pm 
Frequent Poster

no not at all. there are plenty of examples of watersports brands that get in to trouble and get taken over. the warranty is then worthless (but it is worthless anyway).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:25 pm 
Frequent Poster

wind_rider wrote:
no not at all. there are plenty of examples of watersports brands that get in to trouble and get taken over. the warranty is then worthless (but it is worthless anyway).

There is a point when the negative energy generated from your experience (imagined or not) is a greater cost to your health than any financial loss. IMHO your contribution of self-inflicted negativity has far surpassed any financial loss you have realized. It is apparent you dont care and will continue to suck the remaining positive energy out of your life....what a shame.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:22 pm 
Frequent Poster

Sorry you feel that way but I don't see it like that at all. In fact I would like to thank Carafino and his mates here for reinforcing why I'm wasting my time trying to get in to kite hydro foiling and I'm better off putting my positive energy in to something better.

And here are a couple of reasons why.

UK Nationals 3 entries (I stayed away because of death threats from Carafino)

US nationals was it 9 entries from a population of 318 million. By all accounts Carafinos presence there was an utter joke.

The Foiling week which I have just come back from

34 top class moth entries plus a large number of other foilers all pushing 40 knots. Kite foiling event cancelled because of threats by Carafino to turn up so I guess we wont get to see what a decent product will do.

http://www.foilingweek.com/for-sailors/results/

Moth worlds 130 entries starts next week.

UK Course racing kite event in Weymouth this weekend cancelled due to lack of interest.

So I will take Carafinos advice and I will crawl back under the rock I crawled out of with my silly little expensive trailer sailor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When the world of kite surfing works out how to run an event that is decided on the water as it should be and not on the basis of who brings the biggest gang of goons with/without crow bar give me a shout. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 23.45 KIB | Viewed 270 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:45 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

wind_rider wrote:
Sorry you feel that way but I don't see it like that at all. In fact I would like to thank Carafino and his mates here for reinforcing why I'm wasting my time trying to get in to kite hydro foiling and I'm better off putting my positive energy in to something better.

And here are a couple of reasons why.

UK Nationals 3 entries (I stayed away because of death threats from Carafino)

US nationals was it 9 entries from a population of 318 million. By all accounts Carafinos presence there was an utter joke.

The Foiling week which I have just come back from

34 top class moth entries plus a large number of other foilers all pushing 40 knots. Kite foiling event cancelled because of threats by Carafino to turn up so I guess we wont get to see what a decent product will do.

http://www.foilingweek.com/for-sailors/results/

Moth worlds 130 entries starts next week.

UK Course racing kite event in Weymouth this weekend cancelled due to lack of interest.

So I will take Carafinos advice and I will crawl back under the rock I crawled out of with my silly little expensive trailer sailor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When the world of kite surfing works out how to run an event that is decided on the water as it should be and not on the basis of who brings the biggest gang of goons with/without crow bar give me a shout. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You're a dick.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 57  Next