All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot 2015 Lineup....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:57 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I bet that SCREAMER is epic powered up in surf :jump:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:08 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

screamer was designed by nospmoht divad or do you have to ride it backwards?
anyway I think we can guess who is logosz's favorite shaper...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm 
Medium Poster

Fatfish98 wrote:
I bet that SCREAMER is epic powered up in surf :jump:

I see the boards from the unstrapped point of view ;-) But we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Fatfish98 wrote:
Angry Swallow is the T-REX

Ahh, what confused me was it says TREX on this picture. (look on upper right of board)
Must be a proto before they re-named it. ?

Great details, though. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:01 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I like the T-REX name better.....maybe the T-rex is still in the line up but the Angry Swallow looks identical.
I can't wait for the new Rally.....I love the 2014 Rally and the 2015 should be the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:44 am 
Medium Poster

Man, sometimes Slingshot just can't resist messing with a good thing... and then screwing it up. The Rally is a good example, but they do it to their surfboard lineup too. The Celeritas has changed so much since Ben Wilson left Slingshot. The 2014 is great, but is totally different to the original Celeritas. In between those, they screwed around with the tail shape a lot, too. Sometimes you just have to ask "why???"!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

cleepa wrote:
Man, sometimes Slingshot just can't resist messing with a good thing... and then screwing it up. The Rally is a good example, but they do it to their surfboard lineup too. The Celeritas has changed so much since Ben Wilson left Slingshot. The 2014 is great, but is totally different to the original Celeritas. In between those, they screwed around with the tail shape a lot, too. Sometimes you just have to ask "why???"!

I don't know...I don't think they are much different than any other company, or even better. They have only tweaked the Fuel and RPM for the past several years because people kept saying not to fuck with it, so they didn't. They changed the Rally after two years because everybody on this forum was complaining so much about that momentary wing tip bend under load...so, they came up with a rock solid design (yeah, I liked the way the old one flew better also). Boards...some stay the same year over year, some change...just enough to improvise, try out new things...and make you buy new gear! :) That's the goal, right?

I didn't like the board graphics from afar, but when I looked at them close-up, I think it is a nice change. The alternating colors on the side rail is sharp and the tail graphics are nice, but mostly covered by the tail pad anyway. Although, yeah, I like the clean look of the Ankle Biter best. The good thing is you can always find the prior year's boards on close-out for a couple years. So you can buy what you like for the most part. Overall, seems like subtle kite changes, some new boards, new graphics...and a new wave kite rumor. :)

Damn...I just noticed the Ankle Biter doesn't have FCS II. That's too bad, I love taking the rear fins on and off that board. Oh well... It is on the T-REX though which makes sense...5 fins, lots of options. Might as well make it easy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:37 am 
Medium Poster

cleepa wrote:
The Celeritas has changed so much since Ben Wilson left Slingshot. The 2014 is great, but is totally different to the original Celeritas. In between those, they screwed around with the tail shape a lot, too. Sometimes you just have to ask "why???"!

As you say, the 2014 is great. And in my opinion the Celeritas became much more versatile over the years. For me with 80 kg the new tail made it much better for rough conditions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:11 pm 
Medium Poster

From those that have 2015 demos..........
Any news on the Celeritas 2015 dimensions and volumes? :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:29 am 
Rare Poster

Out of interest..

Anyone know why Sam Light uses both the RPM and Fuel? Is it purely for marketing purposes (asked by slingy to ride both) or does Sam actually see a particular use for each kite?

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next