forum for kitesurfers
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 339
- Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:13 am
- Kiting since: 0
- Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
- Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
- Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: The planet
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 am
- Kiting since: 2005
- Local Beach: ainsdale
- Favorite Beaches: ainsdale
- Style: landboard freestyle
- Gear: chargers baby
- Brand Affiliation: PETER LYNN KITEBOARDING
- Location: UK
pull bar in and send it, let bar out and let it fly, pull bar in as it passes zenith, then boost and float. hard on the redirect or youll be in trouble
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 5011
- Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
- Kiting since: 33
- Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
- Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
- Style: Always searching for flow!
- Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
- Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.
I have not flown the chrono. So my advice might be moot.
But i have flown many depower foils including all the ozone open cell foils and I own a speed 3.
What i find on foils compared to lei's is as Mr bullet states. let the bar out and let it fly. Lei's can withstand more bar in or perhaps need more bar in.
Foils like to breath a bit more. So after you wang it hard and get up to height experiment with different levels of bar out until you find the sweet spot. For my speed 3 that's about halfway out. then pull it in all the way to a pillowy soft landing.
My ozone manta really enjoyed a slow lazy but constant redirect with some bar out also.
Also experiment to different sent positions. I get best results pulling the trigger around 12 on my speed... but my lei's work best when i send them well past 12.....
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 4:32 pm
fly the kite low and go fast. turn the kite sharply so it will go up in a straight line. on its way up fully depower the kite so it can pick up speed. the more you depower the kite, the better. just before the kite reaches the zenit pop your board off the water. right after you are airborne, slowly power up the bar. don't yank it like you are used to with all other kites. slowly does it better with the high ar foils. enjoy the view for a while. on your way down, depower the kite half way and play with the flight path.
try different bar positions when you have your kite powered or adjuster positions if you want to pull the bar all the way to the chickenloop. too much kills the engery.
i changed the trim on my 18 a bit which makes the kite jump even better:http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=844905#p844905
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], or6, Xtream and 13 guests