Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

forum for kitesurfers


heinzbush
Medium Poster
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm
Kiting since: 1
Brand Affiliation: None

Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby heinzbush » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:33 am

Hi Guys,

finally found a Dyno 2011 in 16m... It's on its way and I should get it within a couple of days. Just some questions I have in advance:

- How would the "power" compare to "today's kites", e.g. will I be able to compare the 16m Dyno to a 14m Switchblade or Rally in terms of "wind range, ride ability"? Of course its a different kite, thats why I wanted it, but I'm just wondering how it "fits into my quiver"... I currently have a 12m and 14m Rally, and I am wondering if I can sell my 14m now since I have the 16... (I am using the kites together with my wife, so that's why I have kites closer to each other, e.g. 12, 14 Rally plus a 17m Contra)...

- I intend to fly it with a 4-Line bar (Cab or Slingshot)... It should work fine (equal line lengths, single frontline safety), but I am worried about relaunch... is it really such a bit&% to get back in the air once I dump it in the water?

Thanks guys!

A

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby Westozzy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Well I run my 16 well into the upper teens and that's at 74kg on a 135 by 41. With a smaller board could easily be 20 if ya keen enough. My next kite is a 12m dice so the 12m rally will smoke that bottom end wise. 16/12 rally is fine. Relaunch well ya bought it now! Lol. It's a higher aspect kite so it won't relaunch like a plumpy delta rally that's for sure, but I've relaunched it no problems ...but I'm used to high aspect kites though....

Hey where'd ya score ya 16?

User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics 9,11,15
Spotz2 w/Delta Board
Mako 130
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby davesails7 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:34 pm

If there is enough wind it just launches like any other kite. Just pull a rear line.

When its light, the 5th line really helps.

When self launching on the beach, the kite does not roll up on the wind tip so reverse launching is the only way to go. Pulling rear lines with kite straight downwind and run backwards and you can get it launched in very little wind.

Tethered self launch doesnt work too well either. Kite is too tall and skinny so it falls over instead of waiting at the edge of the window.

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 33056
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Contact:

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby Toby » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:45 pm

did anyone else fly the Dyno 2011 with 4 lines?

User avatar
s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:18 am
Kiting since: 2006
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Vitoria, Brasil

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby s1buell_wl » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:29 pm

heinzbush wrote:Hi Guys,

finally found a Dyno 2011 in 16m... It's on its way and I should get it within a couple of days. Just some questions I have in advance:

- How would the "power" compare to "today's kites", e.g. will I be able to compare the 16m Dyno to a 14m Switchblade or Rally in terms of "wind range, ride ability"? Of course its a different kite, thats why I wanted it, but I'm just wondering how it "fits into my quiver"... I currently have a 12m and 14m Rally, and I am wondering if I can sell my 14m now since I have the 16... (I am using the kites together with my wife, so that's why I have kites closer to each other, e.g. 12, 14 Rally plus a 17m Contra)...

- I intend to fly it with a 4-Line bar (Cab or Slingshot)... It should work fine (equal line lengths, single frontline safety), but I am worried about relaunch... is it really such a bit&% to get back in the air once I dump it in the water?

Thanks guys!

A


Didn't see this thread. I have one for sale in great shape lol
Image

kiteingcolin1
Medium Poster
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 am
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: ainsdale/westkirby/anglesey
Favorite Beaches: rosnigher
Style: old style
Gear: nobile 666,132 and 135, 2008

E.H.RIPPEHR, NEMI HP
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby kiteingcolin1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Toby wrote:did anyone else fly the Dyno 2011 with 4 lines?


yes and it was not happy, it was much less stable and felt soft, it would fly but not great as it did on 5 lines,
and relaunch was poor, but without the 5th line it was very poor to impossible in light winds.
great kite apart from relaunch and fragility,and flipping valves on all the struts, and there was a lot of struts.

heinzbush
Medium Poster
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm
Kiting since: 1
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby heinzbush » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks guys!

Would be interested in more experiences flown with 4-lines. I didn't buy this kite as a "light wind option", the contrary, I'm more interested in the high end to go huge when the wind is up...

what's up with the valves? I bought a tube of aqua-seal, just in case... I live in super hot conditions, should I start to prepare myself mentally that I will have to re-glue all the valves?

Found mine at a shop that still had one lying around, if someone has a 18 - please let me know!

User avatar
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 6851
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:32 pm

Toby wrote:did anyone else fly the Dyno 2011 with 4 lines?


I fly the 13m2 Dyno 2011 on 4 lines, now, works great for hydrofoiling in 7-9 knots, and I got nothing to use the 5th line for.
Other foilriders also ride the newer Dynos with 4 lines, lighter/easier :thumb:

:thumb: PF

kiteingcolin1
Medium Poster
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 am
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: ainsdale/westkirby/anglesey
Favorite Beaches: rosnigher
Style: old style
Gear: nobile 666,132 and 135, 2008

E.H.RIPPEHR, NEMI HP
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby kiteingcolin1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:18 pm

heinzbush wrote:Thanks guys!

Would be interested in more experiences flown with 4-lines. I didn't buy this kite as a "light wind option", the contrary, I'm more interested in the high end to go huge when the wind is up...

what's up with the valves? I bought a tube of aqua-seal, just in case... I live in super hot conditions, should I start to prepare myself mentally that I will have to re-glue all the valves?

Found mine at a shop that still had one lying around, if someone has a 18 - please let me know!


nothing wrong with the valves, just too many of them,

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dyno 2011 - Range and Relaunch

Postby Westozzy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:42 pm

I fly it on 4 lines, not one problem. When really light I use the fifth line bar. I ride it on a 4 line low Y when I want a bit more turning speed. 4 line high Y in its upper wind range and the five line when really low winds to give me that fifth line relaunch ability.

Works just fine on a 4 line, but of course make sure you use the 4 line point on the front lines to connect.

Got an electric pump, or that leading edge will literally kill you to pump up...lol!!!

Actually I prefer it on the 4 lines lower Y all up, opens it up a bit.

Valves aren't an issue but the bladder material (and leading edge) are thinner than normal for weight, so you could have some bladder patching to do now and then... :D

Just love how this kite flies, stability with efficiency, a really excellent combination.

But it couldn't and can't compete with the other race kites, (aka the edge) hence I can see why it was changed. Bummer dude... :oops:
Last edited by Westozzy on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobgatpdx, Google [Bot], ryukyukiter and 20 guests