All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help or info on a 2014 Switchblade A to B setting on wingtip
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 am 
Rare Poster

Hi just wanted to know if anyone knows how the SB reacts when one changes the setting from A to B on the wingtips??? Any help you be appreciated. I currently ride it on the standard A setting! Thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Help or info on a 2014 Switchblade A to B setting on win
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:51 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey dudly, I ride the crossbow ,switchblade and drifter. I ride the crossbow and switchblades exclusively on the b setting........I find both kites feel more direct , you have a better feel for both kites...although bar pressure is slightly higher (but I am lookin for a bit of a workout). Also the kites depower much faster, i.e. you don't have to throw the bar all the way up to depower, on the A setting often you are often fully sheeted out with top range winds, on the B stteing I find I am hardly ever fully sheeted out. Finally people say turning speed is slower.....I have not noticed this or cant tell the difference. So in summary kite more responsive direct feeling, earlier depower when sheeting out and no real noticeable turning speed change. PS I am only a freerider/oldschool.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 pm 
Medium Poster

Definitely the front setting for the 14M and rear setting for the smaller kites. I'm also flying all the kites from the last knot on the rear line pigtails as too easy to choke the kites on the middle knot while powered up (no trim) and bar in.

14M turns faster but I don't need the turn speed increase on the smaller kites. Friends who own the 2013 14M have also tried the same config (forward position/last knot) and like the change.

Last edited by longbeachrider on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:08 pm 
Rare Poster

also like longbeach rider says I feel like the turn faster if anything....but could be an illusion from the more direct feeling....in any event they just feel like a better kite that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:54 am 
Rare Poster

Great lads...tks for the info. Much appreciated.

[ 5 posts ]