it took me some time to find the right material (and I threw lots of it in the dustbin until I was satisfied with the make and durability) and learned how to do it, but I finally managed to come up with a universal LWR System DIY style.
You need the following items:
- Dacron lines (80 kg build), 15 Euros http://www.ebay.de/itm/Dacron-Polyester ... 257ec594f0
- Elastic rope, 2 Euros, http://www.ebay.de/itm/SCHWARZE-Gummile ... 2586de6d24
- Stainless steel ring 15mm or 20mm, 1 Euro http://www.amazon.de/Edelstahlring-AISI ... lstahlring
- Shrinking tube, 2,50 Euro, http://www.amazon.de/dp/B001CDOYUQ/ref= ... _M3T1_dp_1
- Depending if you are a perfectionist, a rope cover set, 4,50 Euro: https://www.flyoverdrive.de/shop/articl ... 0600810%26
Rope cover is used for the sling at the end of the LWR line.
- Alloy pipe (5-10mm depending on inner diameter of your floater) that fits inside your floater (big enough so, once you cut a ring of 1-2 cm and sanded all edges down, when you slide it into the top of the floater it stays inside there from the pressure of the foam. This is to avoid the floater get ripped apart (you will fix the LWR line beneath/inside the floater to the steering line) 1-2 Euros
Of course you need to add shipping, so we are at 50 Euros total.
If you have a kite that supports a LWR you are fine already now, otherwise you will need to have 3 attachements placed on the kite, for example by https://www.kitemania.de/5.0.html
(see my other posts from the Naish Draft for Pictures) viewtopic.php?t=2384150&p=847494
1. Attachement Knot for LWR attachement/bungee (next to the outer strut/leadingedge end on the inside, 50cm behind the trailing edge
2. Sling/Loop next to the outer strut/leadingedge end on the inside, 5cm behind the trailing edge
3. Attachement Knot for LWR Knot, next to the 1st or second strut, 5cm behind the trailing edge
I would estimate the costs between 50-70 Euros (1-2 hours of work, 2-3 Euros material), so in total between 25 Euros (if you get everything locally) and 120 Euros (If you ship and need LWR attachements be done)