All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Naish Ride 14m
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:54 pm 
Medium Poster

Depends on my mood, love the rides for strapless!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm 
Medium Poster

I mostly ride strapless too. Yesterday the wind was 9-13mph and the 14m did fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:22 pm 
Medium Poster

But I ride a 5'8" sweet potato in light wind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:30 am 
Medium Poster

Today it was 11.5mph at The Strand. Stayed upwind the whole time ! The more I fly this kite the more i like it !
http://www.ikitesurf.com/windandwhere.i ... siteID=224

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:58 am 
Very Frequent Poster

clint2070 wrote:
Today it was 11.5mph at The Strand. Stayed upwind the whole time ! The more I fly this kite the more i like it !
http://www.ikitesurf.com/windandwhere.i ... siteID=224

haha nice. You are making me change my mind on getting the draft 14.
Can you point specifically what it is you like? Its gonna be a tough choice.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 am 
Medium Poster

Ive never flown the Draft but I was considering buying one 17m if the 14m ride didn't replace my Fatlady as my light wind and wave kite. Its really easy to fly. Can almost forget about it. The wind range is unbelievable. It turns really fast and it doesn't jerk you at all. Really smooth kite. Handles gusts really well too.Good bar pressure/med.I haven't jumped it yet just been riding strapless. Machs upwind. Today I was one of 3 able to tike. The other 2 were on a 2013 fat lady/5'4" sweet potato and a 2014 17m Contra/airush Sector. Me on 5'8" sweet potato. I out weigh them by 35lbs. It doesn't jerk up on my harness either so it stays down. I can't imagine it would replace the Draft as a race kite though. I hear the Draft jumps huge too. Our wind in San Diego is Horrible so we need kites with lots of low end but that are light in the air and go upwind well. Finding a kite that does this and is fun to fly is difficult. The ride does this and is fun on the waves. Only thing I wish it did better is drift. I have the pivots for that this year though but I don't think my 14m pivot will do very well in 10-13mph tomorrow Im going to pump them both up and compare !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:34 am 
Very Frequent Poster

clint2070 wrote:
Ive never flown the Draft but I was considering buying one 17m if the 14m ride didn't replace my Fatlady as my light wind and wave kite. Its really easy to fly. Can almost forget about it. The wind range is unbelievable. It turns really fast and it doesn't jerk you at all. Really smooth kite. Handles gusts really well too.Good bar pressure/med.I haven't jumped it yet just been riding strapless. Machs upwind. Today I was one of 3 able to tike. The other 2 were on a 2013 fat lady/5'4" sweet potato and a 2014 17m Contra/airush Sector. Me on 5'8" sweet potato. I out weigh them by 35lbs. It doesn't jerk up on my harness either so it stays down. I can't imagine it would replace the Draft as a race kite though. I hear the Draft jumps huge too. Our wind in San Diego is Horrible so we need kites with lots of low end but that are light in the air and go upwind well. Finding a kite that does this and is fun to fly is difficult. The ride does this and is fun on the waves. Only thing I wish it did better is drift. I have the pivots for that this year though but I don't think my 14m pivot will do very well in 10-13mph tomorrow Im going to pump them both up and compare !

Oh shoots, nice.
I was going to ask that. I rode the 14 pivot and really liked it...but I have no idea how it compares to the big ride so it will be good to hear what you have to say :-)

Dammit. Working too much.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:41 am 
Medium Poster

It was dead on shore today and flat as can be so I didn't go out and compare. If I planned on riding in 14mph and above I would have only bought the Pivot. I really like the way it drifts even the 14m Ive never had a 14m kite that stays with me like this one does while driving down wind. I bought the 14m ride for sub 14mph. If you're in the surf a lot and kite in 14mph or more I would say go with the pivot. If you want to go out in sub par conditions then I would say the ride so far but wait till I try them both in 13mph. the pivot might actually work due to its turning speed and how it flies forward in the window. I might get a chance sunday but I work tomorrow. Hope this helps

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:46 pm 
Medium Poster

I was finally able to ride the 14 pivot and ride side by side in marginal conditions yesterday. I would much rather be on the pivot if at all possible but If theres holes of less than 12mph the pivot doesn't match up. I would say its good for a solid 13mph or more,other than that I need my Ride. The wind was all over the place yesterday. At times I could have gotten back on the pivot but would have had to walk a bit. The 14m ride is the light wind machine ! I wonder if everyone has the tuning problem with it or if it was just a few kites. I hope this helps you on your decision.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:46 pm 
Medium Poster

I don't know if I added that Im 226lbs

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next