All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: naish park 2014 tuning issues
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 am 
Very Frequent Poster

dave10 wrote:
… and when i had the kite out the other day i took it back down to tune under the bar settings, and thought about even tying extra knots, but i figured since its a new kite that maybe i was missing something that i wasn't familiar with since it being a new brand and all for me.

Hi dave10!
Your comment remind me of a similar problem I had 3 years ago when trying my Naish Park 2012 for the first time.
In short, I needed to tie extra knots on the blue and red pre-lines in order to be able to steer the kite properly and get max power when sheeted in.
At this time I was very surprised, as a Naish owner for many years, to have to tune the bar "out of the box"… but it was necessary. Never had to do it again since :cool2:
Check my comment in this previous thread:
viewtopic.php?p=710015#p710015

My 2c

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 pm 
Rare Poster

Phil thanks for the feedback, i read the other post and I'm surprised that being brand new that you need to tune it, by tying extra knots in the line itself. I'll be sure to tie some knots in the line. Did you tie new knots under the bar settings? what are you thoughts on just some line extensions to the front lines, is either one a preferred method over another?
Thanks David

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

It seems that this time only my bar was affected (everything was ok for my mates "out of the box")
The extra knots for the pre-lines was a temporary fix (yes, I tied new knots under the bar setting, in a position closest to the bar), as it was obvious that all my lines on the bar were not equal in length.
To solve the problem I did stretch the front lines to have all the lines with equal length when sheeted in to the max. Then it was back to normal, no need for extra knots.
In short, this time the problem was the bar, with longer back lines vs front lines.
Hope this help

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:56 pm 
Medium Poster

I have had the same with my Parks 2014. I have the 11 and 8. After a few sessions the kite began to backstall when sheeted in.

For this I checked the line length. In my case the powerlines stretched about 5 cm. To correct this I have attached the steering lines on the outer knot. After this the lines are equal length when the bar is against the chickenloop.

I have been riding Naish since the ARX and have never had this mutch line stretch on a new kite/bar :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:34 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

dave10 wrote:
Phil thanks for the feedback, i read the other post and I'm surprised that being brand new that you need to tune it, by tying extra knots in the line itself. I'll be sure to tie some knots in the line. Did you tie new knots under the bar settings? what are you thoughts on just some line extensions to the front lines, is either one a preferred method over another?
Thanks David

Yeah you should not have to do that. You should be able to see it on the kite if it has pressure on the back lines.

I think the bridle has labels on...make sure the bridle is for the kite.
In high winds it should definitely not be a problem...but of course the back lines needs to have pressure on. I think the new kite needs less throw to depower....but at least the 10 works well across the range.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:20 am 
Rare Poster

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. taut, when i measured the bridle lengths i checked the labels as well to make sure they were all labeled park 12.0 :) with the bridle lengths being perfect, and the bar lines being even as well. The only thing i can think of is maybe improper placement of the bridle connections on the kites LE or either a canopy issue when flown it feels like the kites back lines are like 6 inches too long. strange... next time theres enough wind I'm going to shorten the rear lines about 4 to 6 inches to see how the kite reacts.

Thanks David.

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2