Need travel bag for gear ASAP.

forum for kitesurfers

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Need travel bag for gear ASAP.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:00 pm

What is the most you are willing to spend?

It is difficult to find a regular luggage bag that will fit a board that big. There are some large duffle bags, some on wheels, that might be big enough. TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, Walmart might have one in your budget. There are also garment bags big enough but not sure that would work.

You might also think about putting it in a cardboard box and wrapping it in plastic packing tape. You should be able to find a wake board cardboard shipping box at a sporting goods store in your area. I did that once and shipped my board ahead by U.S. postal to a local friendly kite surfing store at my destination and they held it for me until I arrived. You could also take it on the plane with you that way in the box.

Amazon shows some kiteboard golf style bags close to $100 so they are out there and may be at stores.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh

Postby edt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:01 pm

i think he's already left. he going to be in for surprise when he figures out his non-golf bag is going to cost him a hundred or two for oversize fees.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:38 pm

I hope he enjoys his trip.

jats2k9
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Ft Lauderdale
Miami beach
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle
Gear: Best

Postby jats2k9 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:51 am

edt wrote:i think he's already left. he going to be in for surprise when he figures out his non-golf bag is going to cost him a hundred or two for oversize fees.

Smart guy. I didn't know golf equipment is fee-free. You should have told me first. I guess I'm going to have to buy one of these "golf" bags for Kite equipment and see if I get lucky enough to pass through the checked luggage without paying the fee for kiteboards. ($150 each way)
No wonder the Liquid Force Bag reads Golf on it. :lol: Sneaky industry helping us in our travels.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:55 am

jats2k9 wrote:I'm in Miami but never mind. Most stores in US are all over the country.
If you have nothing good to say then dont say it. Let's just leave this thread to disapear.

You just sound lazy. Google what you want to buy then filter by your location then pick up the phone and call the shop to see if they have it in stock.

Return to “Kitesurfing”