All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pressure Gauge?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:23 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I bought an excellent new Bravo kite pump. The pump is awesome. Very positive action in both directions. Very robust.

It came with a pressure gauge. Kite pressure gauges are a joke right? There is no possible way the air hose can sustain the pressure long enough to get a reliable measurement. It just has those dinky little keyway ends. It's not like an inflatable boat or SUP pump with a pressure seal on both ends.

You guys who claim to use kite pressure gauges, you're having a laugh at our expense aren't you? Have you added O-rings to the hose to get a more reliable seal?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Pressure Gauge?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Unless your paying $50 at least just for the gauge there is no point having a low pressure gauge. The quality will be way too low!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:28 am 
Medium Poster

These are much stronger and more accurate than your standard kite gauge .

No bottom entry jokes please :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bottom-Entry-Air-Pressure-Gauges-50mm-Diameter-1-8-to-3-8-Bsp-ABS-and-Brass-/121137699420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item1c345e9a5c

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:38 pm 
Medium Poster

I have a sound sensitive pressure gauge built in my index finger. When it goes 'pok pok' it's all good ;)

And cheap as well :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

OzBungy wrote:

It came with a pressure gauge. Kite pressure gauges are a joke right? There is no possible way the air hose can sustain the pressure long enough to get a reliable measurement.

I only look at the Peak-pressure indicated on the dial , on the Down-stroke ; then
i do that sound sensitive pressure gauge built in the index finger thing that Faxie
mentioned.

YEA -- gauges are all crap !

Bille

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:56 pm 
Rare Poster

I see quite a few people are saying the gauges show incorrect pressure, but I wonder if the gauges are at least consistently wrong, i.e. if it shows the same psi number on two different inflation occasions is the actual pressure the same as well?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 pm 
Medium Poster

I put my gauge on a couple of mates kites that they pumped up to 6 psi with the finger method , one was 4 psi the other 9 psi , if you want it the right pressure then use a good gauge , if you dont care then use your finger :naughty:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:42 pm 
Frequent Poster

I prefer the "damn it's getting hard to pump this thing anymore" gauge. It correlates pretty well with the peak pressure on the one pump I use that has a gauge on it. It does vary depending on whether it's the first or third kite I'm pumping that day, but it seems to work OK for me.

Don

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:35 pm 
Medium Poster

+1

Bille wrote:
OzBungy wrote:
I only look at the Peak-pressure indicated on the dial , on the Down-stroke ; then
i do that sound sensitive pressure gauge built in the index finger thing that Faxie
mentioned.

YEA -- gauges are all crap !

Bille

[ 9 posts ]