All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wohoo! I've just sold my last Epic kite!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:28 pm 
Frequent Poster

I fully agree to that as it is those people that are trying to grow and cultivate the kiting lifestyle in our communities! I wish we had a local store as I always try to support others in my community... well said Supa!

James

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Soul 19 will you be still visiting in my area this August ?
I just had "knot_knowing" from NW Florida visit and ride with us yesterday at our beach
He was one of the Average Joe's that did LW reviews last December/January
Real nice guy and enthusiastic rider :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:21 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

SupaEZ wrote:
Oldnbroken wrote:
are a really bitchy pair.

One word ..........that says it all :wink:

When i ship stuff to southern Quebec i send to the UPS Plattsburg store

:thumb:

I kited off City Beach in Plattsburgh last July. What a great community of kiters, very friendly and helpful. I've never seen so many kites in one place and quite a few hot Canadian girls.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:24 pm 
Frequent Poster

Guys ;

just a little story..

I have a coworker here in Quebec that is always having problems with the transactions that he makes; his car, his house, his motorcycle, his cement for the driveway... the list could go on... it got to a point where I asked him a simple question ? what is the common factor in all these transactions that went sour ? he didn't answer but got the point.

It is impossible that everyone and every company are doing something wrong all of the time unless your expectations are unrealistic.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:54 pm 
Frequent Poster

William Munney wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:
Oldnbroken wrote:
are a really bitchy pair.

One word ..........that says it all :wink:

When i ship stuff to southern Quebec i send to the UPS Plattsburg store

:thumb:

I kited off City Beach in Plattsburgh last July. What a great community of kiters, very friendly and helpful. I've never seen so many kites in one place and quite a few hot Canadian girls.

I agree
Great spot !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:24 am 
Frequent Poster

SupaEZ wrote:
Soul 19 will you be still visiting in my area this August ?
I just had "knot_knowing" from NW Florida visit and ride with us yesterday at our beach
He was one of the Average Joe's that did LW reviews last December/January
Real nice guy and enthusiastic rider :D

Hey Supa,

Was all set to make the journey but my eldest son has the last of his life guarding courses to complete on the week that I was suppose to go. Looking at late fall or next spring to head back down to the sunshine state.... will definitely let you know as I would like to hit some of those wonderful kite locations that you get to ride on such a frequent basis :thumb:

James

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:04 am 
Rare Poster

Seems like a good thread to say, i really love my Epic Surf kite and the new bar. That new CL is great.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:11 pm 
Medium Poster

Real classy Oldnbroken. I thought about writing what really happened between us (because Oldnbroken's memory doesn't seam to be his strength), but I don't want to waste my time on him. For the benefit of community I have to mention one thing though - that spotless kite Oldnbroken sold me actually had a BLADDER REPAIR - the fact that he "forgot" to mention even though I directly asked him before buying. I found out the hard way (it was literally HARD to inflate the kite because Oldnbroken put some cheap inflate valve on it that had non-ball kind of air flow stopper and made last 20 pump strokes about twice as hard as on any other kite). I wouldn't advice buying anything from that guy - not only he is dishonest, but you also have a chance of being name called on this forum after that :(

There were a few other comments on my post (that were actually constructive). Let me clarify - I completely understand why Epic charges for shipping of spare parts. And if you like their kites, this fact shouldn't stop you. I personally found that I like Blade kites much better and it just happened that they have a better service (again, in my opinion). I wish I shared my stock about Blade in a more positive thread though... :idea:

Take care everyone! :bye:

Oldnbroken wrote:
I will tell you a little story about Aleks.
I sold him a spotless used Epic kite.
When I shipped it to him in Ontario, I shipped Fedex exactly according to his instructions, it ended up costing him an extra $10 import duty (not charged by me) and he bitched at me for two weeks about it (by the way, I ate an extra $35) and he wanted me to send him money.
Not sure if it's the cold or the lack of sunshine but these Alex (Aleks) guys are a really bitchy pair.
So, please take whatever either of these kooks say, with a massive grain of salt. :roll:

The weird part with both of them is, they both liked their Epic kites!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:54 pm 
Frequent Poster

Is this true OldNBroken? Did you sell a kite with a bladder repair even when the buyer asked about "any repairs"? Also did he know that you put a subpar valve on it?

And Alex did you leave him hanging for $35? Before or after you found about the repairs/mods?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:44 pm 
Medium Poster

markchatwin wrote:
Is this true OldNBroken? Did you sell a kite with a bladder repair even when the buyer asked about "any repairs"? Also did he know that you put a subpar valve on it?

And Alex did you leave him hanging for $35? Before or after you found about the repairs/mods?

I didn't want to go into this BS again, but since you are interested, I'll try to explain briefly.

I paid OldNBroken everything he asked for. He agreed to ship me the kite for a fixed price (don't remember what), then he came back and said FedEx charged him $10 import duty (even though he was exporting). Rather then arguing with him, I just sent him another $10, assuming that it was prepayment for MY import duties. To my surprise, when the package came I was hit with another $30 import duty! I called FedEx and they said that $10 was due to OldNBroken using his company account. He never gave those $10 back (he did a lot of whining though, really earned that money in entertainment :D ).

I know there will be a ton of posts from OldNBroken accusing me in all mortal sins and don't really care to participate in that exchange. Those of you regular at this forum know his tactics very well - he doesn't reply to the information in a post, instead, like a high school bully, he goes against the poster and tries to intimidate him or damage his reputation. I don't want to indulge him by replying (more than I already did), so believe my story or not, is up to you.

Peace :cool2:

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next