Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Chile Matanzas - kite size?

forum for kitesurfers

AlexandreBorges
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow 2010
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Chile Matanzas - kite size?

Postby AlexandreBorges » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:26 am

[/quote]

For renting i would say easiest is to get it in Santiago and then travel to the spots, but maybe some of the companies do have some gear in Matanzas, here are the 3 that i know rent gear:

http://kitesurfchile.cl/es/arriendos/
windsurfingchile.cl
wetfly.cl

For infraestructure i think Pupuya (its 5 min from matanzas) theres a place called "La Lobera" thats right infront of the beach with music, good food and most importantly cold beer. your mother can sit in a chair and watch you kite.
[/quote]

I cannot thank you enough :D
I am very happy I will kitesurf and chillout in Pacific! :!:
8)

baobob
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Airush Razor 11, Hadlow pro 9&7,
Tona Pop 138
Trampa modified deck titanium trucks

Postby baobob » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 am

I personally prefer pupuya over matanzas. In matanzas the launch is sketchy. Eventually you can ride in roca cuadrada too (just downwind from matanzas).

I think that a 10 is way too much. I'm 60 kg and I use a board with boots all the time I've been in pupuya I always used my 7 mt and some days a 5 was going to be even better.

About renting an house don't even think to stay in Santiago: the road is in pretty bad condition and its about 2 hours drive (without traffic). In September-October you can find a lot of accommodations in the area.

Ah. Water is pretty cold be sure to have a proper wetsuit. I was in Pichilemu in January and people was surfing with thick wetsuit, gloves, shoes and hoodie.

AlexandreBorges
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow 2010

Postby AlexandreBorges » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:12 am

baobob wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 am
I personally prefer pupuya over matanzas. In matanzas the launch is sketchy. Eventually you can ride in roca cuadrada too (just downwind from matanzas).

I think that a 10 is way too much. I'm 60 kg and I use a board with boots all the time I've been in pupuya I always used my 7 mt and some days a 5 was going to be even better.

About renting an house don't even think to stay in Santiago: the road is in pretty bad condition and its about 2 hours drive (without traffic). In September-October you can find a lot of accommodations in the area.

Ah. Water is pretty cold be sure to have a proper wetsuit. I was in Pichilemu in January and people was surfing with thick wetsuit, gloves, shoes and hoodie.
:o

Well I had a rental of a suit in Essaouira Morocco, I hope I can handle. Thx and best regards.

Cristiano_Leandro
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: Best TS

Postby Cristiano_Leandro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:07 pm

AlexandreBorges wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:12 am
baobob wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 am

:o

Well I had a rental of a suit in Essaouira Morocco, I hope I can handle. Thx and best regards.
What i meant with renting was gear BTW not accommodation, but yeah, stay in Pupuya or Matanzas for sure.

Return to “Kitesurfing”