Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish 2015 Fusion Control Systems

forum for kitesurfers

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish 2015 Fusion Control Systems

Postby clint2070 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:25 am

Ive used the bar twice now. Its so much better than the 2013. The lines are solid ! The grip is soft. Love the reduced chicken loop. The depower cleat works easy. No more lying on my back to depower ! I thought it would take a minute to get used to yellow being on the right because i let go of my bar a lot to un spin it after a wave but it doesnt bother me at all. My only complaint is where is the 57cm size. I know most people dont need a big bar but it makes my 14s turn so much faster !

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:48 am

Got mine as well. Seems good to me :-)

Definitely seems to be an upgrade. Looks very refined.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Toby wrote:The 2015 Fusion Control Systems have been redesigned with state-of-the-art technologies, working in unison to provide a function-rich design for an exciting, secure and seamless riding experience.
Jeez Toby, it's an effing bar. A stick with a hole, 4 or 5 lines, trimmer and QR. This one's got 2 dildos though, that would be a sales point if any.

Function-rich seamless state-of-the-art riding my arse.

Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Postby Gonzolinho » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:09 am

alamos_kiter wrote:
Toby wrote:The 2015 Fusion Control Systems have been redesigned with state-of-the-art technologies, working in unison to provide a function-rich design for an exciting, secure and seamless riding experience.
Jeez Toby, it's an effing bar. A stick with a hole, 4 or 5 lines, trimmer and QR. This one's got 2 dildos though, that would be a sales point if any.

Function-rich seamless state-of-the-art riding my arse.
Hey! good stuff your are smoking :jump:

Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Postby Gonzolinho » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:11 am

clint, fully agreeing with you. Where´s the 57cm stick?
Lucky those who mainly use 12 and 9m sizes.....

shredwannabe
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Padre / Hood River
Gear: Mako 140 Naish Haze 136 / 128

Postby shredwannabe » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm

I've been kiting for 10 years. Trust me, this bar is dangerous. (I had the 2016) The swivel is of a poor design. It makes the lines from swivel down to bar entwine. This means, the BTB depower will not release unless you feed it out above with one hand while releasing the cleat with the other. If you lay the bar out so these lines are not entwined then your single line flag is entwined. It is not a safe bar. Lucky for me, my warranty kicked in, and I got the BTB Torque. If you get a Fusion, you will either be able to have a functioning depower OR have a functioning single flag line - but not both. (single line flag is a MUST!!!!)

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Style: freeride/freestyle
Gear: All kinds.

Postby POACHER » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Yeah the 2015/16 bar had some quirks for sure......That external single flagging line was a bad and unsafe design. It could easily get wrapped around anything and stop your kite from flagging. Basically what Shred just said.
The other annoying thing was if you did deploy, when the bar shot up to the stopper, if you didn't quickly gather the bar back the lines would go into the biggest rats nest. Deploying far from shore wasn't an option unless you ditched completely.

The Torque bar is much nicer. The new swivel works great (a little 3m dry silicone spray makes it work even better) the flagging line is now centered through the chicken loop and the black and red left is better.

I'm sure Naish doesn't encourage this but I remove the bolt on stopper ball from the BTB bar. It really serves no purpose and it does give the bar a bit more throw.

davedej
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Zandvoort, Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Table view Capetown
Canos de meca Spain
Style: freestyle
Gear: North Dice 2016 5/7/9/11 m
Ride clash 140 2.1
Brand Affiliation: We Test Kites

Postby davedej » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:30 pm

shredwannabe wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm
I've been kiting for 10 years. Trust me, this bar is dangerous. (I had the 2016) The swivel is of a poor design. It makes the lines from swivel down to bar entwine. This means, the BTB depower will not release unless you feed it out above with one hand while releasing the cleat with the other. If you lay the bar out so these lines are not entwined then your single line flag is entwined. It is not a safe bar. Lucky for me, my warranty kicked in, and I got the BTB Torque. If you get a Fusion, you will either be able to have a functioning depower OR have a functioning single flag line - but not both. (single line flag is a MUST!!!!)
Yes we wrote it down exactly like you describe it in our review in 2015 about the other bar (Base Control System bar) from Naish without any swivel.
http://www.wetestkites.com/2015/04/21/t ... rsion-iii/

Hopefully the newer system will keep on turning without any problems....we used a Spleene bar with a similar idea and it didn't work as it should. Very annoying, because the bar won't go down to power and control the kite after a (double) spin or kite loop.
Dave
We Test Kites

Return to “Kitesurfing”