Post subject: Switch Rewards - Creating Kiteboarding History
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Switch News:

Switch Rewards - Creating Kiteboarding History

Attachment:
1 switch.png
1 switch.png [ 8.8 KIB | Viewed 1088 times ]

Since the beginning of Switch, we had a vision of making kitesurfing accessible globally, by selling our quality products direct to our customers door at the most amazing prices. We can now proudly say we serve in more than 100 countries, which is a major company milestone.

We also have another major company milestone and kiteboarding history with the introduction of Switch Rewards.

Switch Rewards will reward our customers by receiving money in the form of points for referring friends, sharing, pinning, tweeting and G+ing on social media and when purchasing products from our store.

For more details click [urlhttp://switchkites.com/rewards_welcome]HERE[/url].

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Switch Rewards - Creating Kiteboarding History
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:26 pm 
Medium Poster

I don't like reward schemes. The money for the rewards has to come from somewhere. Do you think the directors of Switch kites will accept a cut in their salary? Of course not! The price of Switch kites will go up to fund the reward scheme!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:09 pm 
Rare Poster

I do not like it either.

I was asking a question on switch forum about a owners opinion on the mj2 board. After i got a mails from people saying: I helped you with your question on the switch forum please put in my name in when you bye the mj2 board.

This means that every body is a sales person (not only team-riders), and will tell you whatever you want to hear so they can get awarded when you spend money on switch gear.

Same with reviews, YouTube movies and so on, don't expect them to be anything else than a person trying to get money from Switch by appreciating their product.

I'm NOT saying that Switch are making bad products, just that you can NOT expect get an honest opinion when asking anywhere about their product because everybody is a salesman :angryfire:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Daffy100 wrote:
...I'm NOT saying that Switch are making bad products, just that you can NOT expect get an honest opinion when asking anywhere about their product because everybody is a salesman :angryfire:

amen!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:03 pm 
Medium Poster

Switch makes great gear! I've never used any of it, but you should go spend >1000$ right now! Make sure you tell them my name!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm 
Medium Poster

It's a bit much to call a rewards scheme creating history

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:41 pm 
Frequent Poster

cleepa wrote:
It's a bit much to call a rewards scheme creating history

not sure, depends if it works. Those that have been around remember bests 2 for 1 deal and their creation of a new business model that sold factory direct. I think that was sort of historic in the industry. Back in the day none of us thought anything of it. It was just a new company making sub par gear with a marketing gimmick to push their gear. It worked. Best make great kites and are one of the big boys in the industry with some of the best riders. Time will tell. I am not sure if it can impact peoples already jaded views of their gear anyway. Most people will tell you that their shit is the best. Ask any pro for their opinion on the kites they fly. Personally I cant stand the point rewards system.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:59 pm 
Frequent Poster

I don't see any issue with this as most people promote the kites that they have purchased regardless of incentives. When riders are seeking advise on any particular brand, the amount of positive responses they receive are no different. Switch has just decided to give their team riders a bigger reason to be more active in generating sales....you still have the ability to buy what you want and don't have to give anybody the perk if you choose not to. What I do like is that it enables the guy that is allowing his own kites to be used as demos to at least see some financial kick back to bring in new gear....which gets the most current kites available for demos. Win/win for those that are putting in the work and those that are getting the ability to try before they make that next purchase.

James

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:13 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Ocean Rodeo did it first.

Ages ago.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:09 pm 
Medium Poster

Daffy100 wrote:
I do not like it either.

I was asking a question on switch forum about a owners opinion on the mj2 board. After i got a mails from people saying: I helped you with your question on the switch forum please put in my name in when you bye the mj2 board.

This means that every body is a sales person (not only team-riders), and will tell you whatever you want to hear so they can get awarded when you spend money on switch gear.

Same with reviews, YouTube movies and so on, don't expect them to be anything else than a person trying to get money from Switch by appreciating their product.

I'm NOT saying that Switch are making bad products, just that you can NOT expect get an honest opinion when asking anywhere about their product because everybody is a salesman :angryfire:

And a shop is different in what way?

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next