All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Celeritas Vs the Screamer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:09 am 
Rare Poster

Ok so its that time of year in Australia when the 2015 gear is out and up for discussion.

I have a 5'8' 2103 Slingshot celeritas and was thinking about the new 5'4" Screamer I've read all the specs, but was wondering has anybody comapred these two boards back to back? is the scremaer better up wind? surely the smaller volume would make it better in higher winds?
Ok so I know its narrower and shorter but do they ride like a larger board as was stated in the 2014 Trex promotion?

Any thoughts would be cool

Cheers

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Celeritas Vs the Screamer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:23 am 
Frequent Poster

I use 6.2 and 5.11 boards at the moment (north ,78 kg) ,tried 5.2 screamer with 7m kite size wind 17 20 knots ,small waves 1,5 meter .
thought it cannot work it is too ugly and I will sink with this size but it goes like a bigger board!
the upwind is much better than my boards and turns on a dime,really a surprise,had fun for one hour .
owner is selling all other slingshot he has ,fell in love with this board , he is about 65 68 kg.
I 'd like to try again!
ciao

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:43 pm 
Medium Poster

I could ride it very shortly with a 8m rpm. I can´t say much about it yet, because the wind dropped too fast.

What I can say is, that it seems to love tight turns. And that it needs quite a bit more wind than the Celeritas. I didn´t have any more fun in the dying wind with the 5´4 Screamer, but when I changed to the 5´8 Celeritas it was fine again for a while.

Regarding upwind-performance, I think the Celeritas is just really hard to beat. So, I don´t think, the Screamer can do that better.

It may ride like a bigger board but to me it still felt like a small board. The difference in lowend compared to the Celeritas is quite big. So I would never sell all other boards in favor of the Screamer. I am considering to get the Screamer instead of my Tyrant. But I don´t really know yet.

Here you can see them side by side (I rode both boards strapless):

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:32 am 
Rare Poster

Thanks for the replys. Looking forward to getting one in the water. Looks like it will complement my Celeritas nicely.
Cheers
Grant.

[ 4 posts ]