All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Boots vs Footstraps?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

no, Ronix One, should not be the pain that it is, in particular as they are quite broken to the point i should get some new ones soon.. having to go down to the handle is the story of my life while getting in, guess just have a wider and taller feet than average

I had my mind settle that wet is easier, but will try again w/ the boots dry and see how it goes

next step will be to steal the soap bottle from the kitchen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm 
Frequent Poster

If anyone needs a hook up on 2014 SS Shredtowns Size 10, I may b able to help, ordered 2 different bindings to try out, may be cheaper to sell out that pay return shipping. This would be brand new. PM me if interested.

I currently ride the Ronix Code 55s, they have to be the most comfortable boot EVER, I've tried a few, Ronix makes really comfortable stuff, but they don't last for $h!t not for kiting anyways, and they turn soft quickly, I like a stiffer boot, and the codes were perfect at first, but soften up over time, so if you have $$$ to shell out about every 6 months for a new set then go ronix, laces are a pain indeed, but like everything, you'll develop a system and it really isn't hard to get in and out, I've never had an issue where I regret going with laces; otherwise I've been told that SS and the HL systems is the way to go which is what I order to try out.

Good luck, imo once you try boots it is really hard to go back to straps, I know that unless forced to for whatever reason I've converted over and straps just feel unnatural to me now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Starsky wrote:
I find getting in to dry boots much easier. I make sure my laces are wide open and pull the tongue forward before I launch the kite and can generally just step in nice and smooth. Once their wet, I typically have to put one hand down and grab the handle on the back of the boot to tug a bit while stepping in. If your using an older style boot with no lycra lining and just the foam, then yeah, there is no easy way. Even wakeboarders used to keep a bottle of dish soap in the boat for those.

that's one of the reasons I like the velcro. here in the gorge it gets pretty busy and a lot of the time i'll just ride out into deep water with my feet next to the boots, then slip them on where there aren't any people trying to crash their kite on my head. with the velcro, the boots open up to be huge so you can easily slip your foot in. laces keep the boot fairly tight so you have to really jam your foot in while holding onto the loop (that will probably rip off at some point)

i disagree about the heel hold too, if you are in the right size velcro boot you can get them just as tight, if not tighter since you have so much leverage with a big flap of velcro to pull against. i miss my cradles, ronix sucks :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:15 pm 
Rare Poster

I didn't read all 2 pages of this post, so pardon me if I am being redundant. I was having a problem with my feet coming out of my straps constantly, especially when I was learning s-bends. It was becoming annoying and painful, so I decided to weigh my options. Almost all the cool guys here ride boots, but almost all of them have had foot injuries due to them. Also, ALL of them have had constant issues with the inserts ripping out. Living on an island makes insert issues a major PITA.

Anyhow, I decided to try out some Dakine heel straps since they were only 20 bucks. If I didn't like them, no harm. I have been using them about 6 months and I have to tell you that I LOVE them!! I have never tried boots and I don't plan to. Now I am in need of a new board, and when I try one without the heel straps I feel naked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

TracyS wrote:
I didn't read all 2 pages of this post, so pardon me if I am being redundant. I was having a problem with my feet coming out of my straps constantly, especially when I was learning s-bends. It was becoming annoying and painful, so I decided to weigh my options. Almost all the cool guys here ride boots, but almost all of them have had foot injuries due to them. Also, ALL of them have had constant issues with the inserts ripping out. Living on an island makes insert issues a major PITA.

Anyhow, I decided to try out some Dakine heel straps since they were only 20 bucks. If I didn't like them, no harm. I have been using them about 6 months and I have to tell you that I LOVE them!! I have never tried boots and I don't plan to. Now I am in need of a new board, and when I try one without the heel straps I feel naked.

Haha, try using boots... I tried to use a friend's board with straps on it just to see how the board rode, and I felt like I was going to break my ankles every time I bounced off a piece of chop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 am 
Rare Poster

Can anyone post some examples of boards that would benefit using boots with?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:55 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Tona Pop
Tona Flow
Axis Tranq
Axis Parker Pro
Axis Bootleg
Liquid Force Element
Liquid Force Influence
Naish Antic
Slingshot Vision