Global winds...getting less?

Forum for kitesurfers
SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Global winds...getting less?

Postby SalmonSlayer » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Worth reading IMHO.

"She remains optimistic that science will recover its equilibrium, and that the quasi-McCarthyite tide will recede: ‘I think that by 2030, temperatures will not have increased all that much. Maybe then there will be the funding to do the kind of research on natural variability that we need, to get the climate community motivated to look at things like the solar-climate connection.’ She even hopes that rational argument will find a place in the UN"

http://new.spectator.co.uk/2015/11/i-wa ... terviewed/

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Postby L0KI » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:20 pm

marlboroughman wrote:1350+ Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skeptic Arguments Against ACC/AGW Alarmism

http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/1 ... rting.html
I have begun to read some of this.
As I was reading, my mind wandered as it will, I thought about how many hours you have spent on this particular subject.
You have linked to a truly massive amount of information over the many months that this thread has been here.
Have you read all of the information that you have referenced here?
Do you have an idea of how many hours you've put into your study on the subject?
I am not being critical, I am curious.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:45 pm

L0KI wrote:
marlboroughman wrote:1350+ Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skeptic Arguments Against ACC/AGW Alarmism

http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/1 ... rting.html
I have begun to read some of this.
As I was reading, my mind wandered as it will, I thought about how many hours you have spent on this particular subject.
You have linked to a truly massive amount of information over the many months that this thread has been here.
Have you read all of the information that you have referenced here?
Do you have an idea of how many hours you've put into your study on the subject?
I am not being critical, I am curious.
Of course not, but I checked the web site if it was legit and it appears so, as it is endorsed by well known scientists and my point was to show that science is not settled and not for you to read all that. When the other side says 97% of God knows who agree, do you read all the work of those 97% scientists? of course not mainly because it is a lie and you couldn't find it if you tried. All you have to know is that 97 % is based on a study which was proven to be complete bullshit but it is repeated over and over again like in the Goebbels propaganda theory: “Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:22 am

you do realize that this "propaganda theory" applies to your "facts" as well as the others?

there are almost no facts about this topic, just lots of opinions about how the world should/does work.

like arguing about how many angels can fit on the head of a pin or why a dog smiles

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:52 am

The sceptic side is providing more convincing arguments backed by science and the observations are confirming their case. The warmists have nothing going for them except crazy amount of funding and the president of the most powerful nation being so vane and in need of environmental legacy that he is ready to go along with a all the bullshit and hope for the best. I haven't seen anything like this in my lifetime and I am convinced it will end up badly for Democrats. This is over the top irresponsible handling of public funds especially at the time we all sense the whole world economy is about to go off the cliff not to mention all the other shit going on in the world. I think Obama has lost his mind.

SimonP
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rotorua Lakes, Maketu, NZ
Favorite Beaches: Aotea, Maroochydore, Faro, Aitutaki
Style: Foiling, free-style, waves
Gear: J-shapes foil, Switch kites, Underground twintips, misc surfboards.

Postby SimonP » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:30 am

If there was any doubt at all that Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) was occurring, then it would be in the interests of oil, gas, and coal producing nations to exploit that doubt at the COP21 Climate Conference currently on in Paris. The fact that no country is doing so and that every country has pledged to some reductions in CO2 emissions, demonstrates that there is a very high degree of confidence that AGW is real and affecting us now.

Rufusz
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Viganj, Croatia
El Médano, Tenerife
Style: Foil, Freeride
Gear: Kitech 6m2, 9m2, 15m2 foil kites
Moses Fluente
Flysurfer radical4
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rufusz » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:27 am

SimonP wrote:If there was any doubt at all that Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) was occurring, then it would be in the interests of oil, gas, and coal producing nations to exploit that doubt at the COP21 Climate Conference currently on in Paris. The fact that no country is doing so and that every country has pledged to some reductions in CO2 emissions, demonstrates that there is a very high degree of confidence that AGW is real and affecting us now.
....or thats what they want you to think...
Keep up the preaching Marl and dont worry, some of us know who are behind all this global warming nonsense...

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave

Postby NYKiter » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:57 am

wow....of all the alien pictures on the internet you get this one....hilarious...

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:10 am

SimonP wrote:If there was any doubt at all that Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) was occurring, then it would be in the interests of oil, gas, and coal producing nations to exploit that doubt at the COP21 Climate Conference currently on in Paris. The fact that no country is doing so and that every country has pledged to some reductions in CO2 emissions, demonstrates that there is a very high degree of confidence that AGW is real and affecting us now.
Well, Obama is leading the charge for his legacy and I think he is completely brainwashed by his adviser John P. Holdren. A lot of the countries who are ready to sign up for this would rather forget it. Even Russia will be tempted to sign on if they get the Ukraine situation sanctions lifted, so it is politics. If Obama understood the science he could probably make a deal with Republicans to get infrastructure program through, building some bridges instead of hip pile of solar crap in the desert.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave

Postby NYKiter » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Its on!

Oh and Marl flew in from communist Cuba as the lone protester who supports more carbon in the atmosphere....

Return to “Kitesurfing”