mongolian sailor wrote:BraCuru, Im planning to be at Thulusdhoo in late March -beginning of April... Any other kiteboarder/foil boarder recomendations regarding this particular location?
1. Beginners & intermediate riders' access - West Lagoon only. There is no way to kite on the East lagoon.
West Lagoon and the harbour are the great spots for polishing your foil skills and learn new tricks.
2. Expert access to open water - through an entrance gap in breakwaters at Bikini Beach. Strong currents!
With the ebb tide running don't try it. Then walk over the breakwater wall and bodydrag outside the reef.
3. Watch out coral reef spots on low water. it might be just 30cm under the water surface.
4. Be familiarized with the tides and currents - ask Corey & Ritte - they are local surfers.
5. Don't afraid to leave West Lagoon and explore other islands when steady winds - I loved it.
6. have a spare wings & spare kite parts - nobody is going to repair any damage.
7. take a SUP or rent it. I love it too
8. Not sure about the wind - don't expect to much - then surf, SUP and dive! chase dolphins, rays, sharks!
The wind should be W-rly - perfect for the West lagoon.
You should have small S-thly waves at Chickens and Cokes - period up to crazy 20s!!!!!!!!
good for surf lessons.
9. Take the biggest kite and long extension lines - mostly you will be kiting in sub10kts. Personally I would take 14 + 10m.
Anything else? Shoot!