Sector 60 …first ride for me…any tips?

Forum for kitesurfers
shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sector 60 …first ride for me…any tips?

Postby shawn13 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:10 pm

If you get a chance to talk to some racers on the beach they can give you really good tips. When you watch them, they hit a certain speed and move their feet to the rail and basically leg press laterally against the rail to use the fins.

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Sector 60 …first ride for me…any tips?

Postby flipper231 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:33 am

Sorry i did not read the whole thread, it might have been covered. In windsurfing, you have something called Mast Base Pressure, it sounds like it is simply thevweight of the mast and sail on the board but no. You apply MBP by pointing your front foot towards the mast foot which you don't have on a kiteboard but there is a point behind the nose where you should canalize the forces towards. That way, your weight will be back but the pressure will be towards that point keeping the nose low and the board flat front to back. If your front foot points too much towards the nose, it will dig in the water...

Return to “Kitesurfing”