Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best kiting holiday locations January, February and March ??

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
Jamie Farrell
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, North X Ride
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best kiting holiday locations January, February and March ??

Postby Jamie Farrell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:55 am

Hey guys,

I am in the process of planning a 3 month kite surfing holiday and I am looking for recommendations on where the best places to go... I am a novice/intermediate rider who's looking for locations where I can have access to good instruction to progress! Other things to consider would be access to surf breaks to surf, good local vibe and relatively cheap. I have considered Central and South America but it seems as though January I will miss the season in Brazil. I've also considered South Africa but it seems like at my level of kiting it will be a bit too advanced for me. SO any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

alexKiteVietnam
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Porto Pino - Is Solinas - Chia in Sardinia Italy

Mui Ne in Vietnam
Gear: royal kiteboarding - ben wilson and axonn board
Brand Affiliation: IKO

Re: Best kiting holiday locations January, February and Marc

Postby alexKiteVietnam » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:50 pm

hi
also vietnam is very good. all kite school (included mine) are based in Mui Ne in the south.
there are also spot for surfing. life is cheap one room in guesthouse is around 200 usd/month
one apartment is about 300 usd/month. the beer in the disco club is about 1.5 usd.

mui ne is a very touristic zone and have a crazy night life. every day you can have wind, waves and party!

all my best alessandro

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Waipuliani Park - Kihei - Maui, HI USA
South Point - Hawaii, HI USA
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
South Point - Hawaii Island
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

Postby dracop » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Jamie Farrell wrote:Hey guys,

I am in the process of planning a 3 month kite surfing holiday and I am looking for recommendations on where the best places to go... I am a novice/intermediate rider who's looking for locations where I can have access to good instruction to progress! Other things to consider would be access to surf breaks to surf, good local vibe and relatively cheap. I have considered Central and South America but it seems as though January I will miss the season in Brazil. I've also considered South Africa but it seems like at my level of kiting it will be a bit too advanced for me. SO any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Consider:

Cabarete - cheap, but weather driven wind during the winter (its not the same as the summer thermals)
Aruba - pricier but most reliable in terms of wind
Bahia de Salinas in Costa Rica (google "Blue Dream Hotel kitesurf") - thermal driven wind pattern in the winter with thermal squalls.

kiteplayer
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Northern part of Hurghada
Style: old school
Brand Affiliation: Griffin, M-Day

Postby kiteplayer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:21 am

Egypt will start to work properly the second half of March. You are welcome!

ike_always
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ike_always » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Central America is a great choice at that time! For novices/intermediates I'd recommend e.g. Costa Rica (Bahia Salinas) or Colombia (Cartagena - or join this kite safari!). But there are of course many more possibilities, e.g. Mexico or all the great caribbean islands. And even in Brazil, there are still good conditions at certain spots, albeit not as strong winds as in autumn. But still very good for beginners!

CTwatersports
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach
Haakgat
Sunset Beach
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach
Haakgat
Sunset Beach
Gear: Cabrinha
Vanhunks
Liquid Force

Postby CTwatersports » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Cape Town, South Africa is a great choice for a holiday, no matter what level you're at.

Big Bay (where they hold the Red Bull King of the Air) and Kite Beach are great for advanced kiters, but Muizenberg has a more begginer feel to it and the lagoon in Langebaan is where many people learn to kite.

It's also an awesome holiday destination due to the weakness of the South African currency, the friendly locals and as it is a tourist city there are tons of activities.

This website has tons of information specifically for kiteboarders looking to come to Cape Town, check it out http://capetown-watersports.com/ :thumb:

Return to “Travel”