Brm cloud 12m vs flysurfer speed 3 12m

Forum for kitesurfers
cleepa
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brm cloud 12m vs flysurfer speed 3 12m

Postby cleepa » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Aummm wrote:it's about ALL STRUTLESS KITES with diminished compromised performance
Ah, so it's not about the Cloud then. That definitely does not have "diminished compromised performance", quite the opposite in fact ;-)

dwaynej
Medium Poster
Gear: Kites
Been thanked: 0

Postby dwaynej » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Aummm wrote: ... These true facts are supported by Bill Hanson, Dimitri, Liquid Force Kite and Others so nobody can twist that around the ...
I have flown the kites I speak of and I'm not a competitor. Your so called experts are "competitors" and one of them is all over this forum touting magical light wind abilities. Thanks for the laugh.

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone

Postby Hunqi » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:37 pm

darippah wrote:Before you yell at me , I know, these kites are exact opposites of each other :)

Im wondering which kite will stay up in lighter wind and if anyone has a weight comparison between the two
I've flown both of those kites and as somebody suggested even if we go by the projected surface,
the Speed3 will be the winner of the same size in light winds.
The Peak2 mentioned I'm not sure I haven't flown it yet, but I saw a guy playing with
and holding ground on a 12m and surfboard in 12 mph wind and gave it up in 10 mph.

:cheers:

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m

Postby darippah » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Hunqi wrote:
darippah wrote:Before you yell at me , I know, these kites are exact opposites of each other :)

Im wondering which kite will stay up in lighter wind and if anyone has a weight comparison between the two
I've flown both of those kites and as somebody suggested even if we go by the projected surface,
the Speed3 will be the winner of the same size in light winds.
The Peak2 mentioned I'm not sure I haven't flown it yet, but I saw a guy playing with
and holding ground on a 12m and surfboard in 12 mph wind and gave it up in 10 mph.

:cheers:
Are you saying that the speed 3 can stay up in the air in lighter winds than the cloud, or can get you riding in lighter winds?

poldo
Frequent Poster

Postby poldo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:10 pm

very different kites... if you like one hate the other

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone

Postby Hunqi » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:53 am

darippah wrote:Are you saying that the speed 3 can stay up in the air in lighter winds than the cloud, or can get you riding in lighter winds?
First of all none of these are light wind kites.
I would say flying in the lowest winds are similar, without any usable pulling power under 12 mph,
but with the difference in similar light winds the Brm can hindenburg out of the sky without warning,
while the Speed3 would slowly land on the water.
The usable power starts for both around steady 13 mph,
while he Brm needs a lot sineing to get going and upwind.
The Speed3 still shinning around 19 mph when the Brm starts already feeling overpowered.
The 12m Speed4 Lotus having almost 2mph better low end, if that's what you're looking for.

:goodluck:

Return to “Kitesurfing”