Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Can you foil board in Turks and Caicos?

Forum for kitesurfers
CaptainB
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Jersey Beaches
Gear: Cabrinha and Core Kites, Cabrinha ace kiteboard, LF Foil Board, Mystic majestic harness.
Brand Affiliation: Green Hat Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can you foil board in Turks and Caicos?

Postby CaptainB » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:35 am

I am heading to Turks and Caicos in 2 weeks and staying at long bay beach. Originally I wanted flat shallow water, but after getting into foiling recently I was wondering if its possible to foil there?

I'd like to be able to bring my foil, but don't want to bring it and not be able to use it.

I know it seems to be waist deep for miles as people say. Are there deeper spots?

Does anyone have any foiling experience down there? This is my first time going down there.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Can you foil board in Turks and Caicos?

Postby Laughingman » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:04 pm

CaptainB wrote:I am heading to Turks and Caicos in 2 weeks and staying at long bay beach. Originally I wanted flat shallow water, but after getting into foiling recently I was wondering if its possible to foil there?

I'd like to be able to bring my foil, but don't want to bring it and not be able to use it.

I know it seems to be waist deep for miles as people say. Are there deeper spots?

Does anyone have any foiling experience down there? This is my first time going down there.
I saw people foilng there in earlier this month. I would avoid low tide but high tide is fine.

Return to “Kitesurfing”