Favorite Beaches: Prea,Jeri,IslamoradaFlats
Style: All
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Neo&Dice VS Evo. 2015

Postby Obi one Kenobi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi, anybody has some reviews about North Neo and Dice vs Evo. Low end of the kite and quicknes on turns 2015 model
Thank you

jasontsai
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Taiwan
Favorite Beaches: Taiwan, Maui
Style: Waves, Foiling
Gear: North Neo, Mono, Dice, Whip

Re: Neo&Dice VS Evo. 2015

Postby jasontsai » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 pm

Obi one Kenobi wrote:Hi, anybody has some reviews about North Neo and Dice vs Evo. Low end of the kite and quicknes on turns 2015 model
Thank you
I own 2015 Neo 4, 5 and 7. Neo is the most powerful for sure compare to Evo and Dice. I usually ride Neo 7 with a surf board while others with similar weight use Rebels 9 and 10 on TT. I also tried 2015 Evo 7. It flys faster and more upwind, jumps higher and hangs better than the Neo, but turns slightly slower and doesn't drift as nicely as the Neo in waves. Neo allows me to go smaller and be more nimble in waves while still have enough power at need without too much kite movement.
I haven't tried 2015 Dices yet. But I used 2014 Dices 4, 7, and 9 for a year. Dices are the least powerful compare to Evo and Neo of the same sizes. However, you can still generate good power from moving the kites up and down. Dice turns fast and smooth and drift very well in the waves. Dice also handles more like a traditional C kite and gives you some slack in the lines after a good pop. For jumping, I found it's better to whip the kite from a lower angle, like using a C kite, to get good height unless the wind is in ther higher range of the kite.
Bar pressures are also different. 2014 Dices and 2015 Evos have less bar pressure than the 2015 Neos.

skerrj
Rare Poster
Local Beach: lake isabella
Favorite Beaches: ca coast, maui
Style: cruise
Gear: directionals, neos

Postby skerrj » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:43 am

jasontsai wrote:
Obi one Kenobi wrote:Hi, anybody has some reviews about North Neo and Dice vs Evo. Low end of the kite and quicknes on turns 2015 model
Thank you
I own 2015 Neo 4, 5 and 7. Neo is the most powerful for sure compare to Evo and Dice. I usually ride Neo 7 with a surf board while others with similar weight use Rebels 9 and 10 on TT. I also tried 2015 Evo 7. It flys faster and more upwind, jumps higher and hangs better than the Neo, but turns slightly slower and doesn't drift as nicely as the Neo in waves. Neo allows me to go smaller and be more nimble in waves while still have enough power at need without too much kite movement.
I haven't tried 2015 Dices yet. But I used 2014 Dices 4, 7, and 9 for a year. Dices are the least powerful compare to Evo and Neo of the same sizes. However, you can still generate good power from moving the kites up and down. Dice turns fast and smooth and drift very well in the waves. Dice also handles more like a traditional C kite and gives you some slack in the lines after a good pop. For jumping, I found it's better to whip the kite from a lower angle, like using a C kite, to get good height unless the wind is in ther higher range of the kite.
Bar pressures are also different. 2014 Dices and 2015 Evos have less bar pressure than the 2015 Neos.
apologize for the aside:
I'm trying to get a 2015 Neo 4, however I have received two "No ETA"'s, and one "2 months from now" from US dealers. Any ideas?

Obi one Kenobi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Delray Beach FL

Postby Obi one Kenobi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 am

Thank you very much for quick respond looks like made a good choice sticking up with Neo's

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 am

Any chance you can be more specific than 'low end' and 'turning quickness' and what type of riding you want to do? Spent the last week on the 2015 Evo, have ridden both the 2014 and 2015 dices and neos (not as much) so I might be able to help out.

Obi one Kenobi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Delray Beach FL

Postby Obi one Kenobi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi, Westozzy
I'm strapless wave rider so not relly looking for hang time or any other things in that nature.basically as I wrote low-end and fast turning kite ,,,that's what I'm looking for.
Thanks again

kite wise
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sosto
Style: Freeride, Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade
Nobile NHP

Postby kite wise » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Westozzy wrote:Any chance you can be more specific than 'low end' and 'turning quickness' and what type of riding you want to do? Spent the last week on the 2015 Evo, have ridden both the 2014 and 2015 dices and neos (not as much) so I might be able to help out.
I am hesitating between the 2015 Dice and 2015 Switchblade. I know that the two kites are very different from each other, but I'll explain how I got here :) I would be happy if you could help me out with some info about the Dice (the switchblade I know more or less).

I am about 92kg, have winds mostly around 13-20knots, doing mainly jumps and basic tricks although I would like to improve towards basic unhooked (raily, s bend, etc) while I know I will never be a wakestyle guy, freestyle is more what I am looking for.

As I have a 2013 Switchblade I know that it is a pretty powerfull kite however I find it a bit numb and I am not very comfortable jumping it (can't edge it really nicely). For this reason I am looking for something more playfull and lively. This is how the Dice came in the picture. I am just not very sure about its low-end (thinking of a 9, 12m2 quiver) and if it is good at jumping. The ads say that these two aspects has been improved compared to 2014 but who believes the ads :)

So based on the above could you please add some details about the Dice (low-end, jumping characteristics maybe compared to EVO or Switchblade if you have ever used that)?

Maybe I will have a chance to test it in april, but any info is still very much appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:57 am

Can you give more than turning speed and low end...how do you ride? Spent the last week on the 2015 Evo, have ridden the 2014 and 2015 dices a fair bit, and the neo but not as much. I don't fly any of these kites now, but I know a bit about them comparatively?

sosto_local
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Balaton-Sostó, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: le morne beach, Mauritius
mangroovy beach, El Gouna
Style: oldschool
Gear: Wainman Pounch 2.0, crazyfly raprot pro 127

Postby sosto_local » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:19 pm

Westozzy wrote:Can you give more than turning speed and low end...how do you ride? Spent the last week on the 2015 Evo, have ridden the 2014 and 2015 dices a fair bit, and the neo but not as much. I don't fly any of these kites now, but I know a bit about them comparatively?
Would you so kindly to inform us/me about your experineces with the new evo? I'm going to buy 11m2 or 12m2 for oldschool from 18 to 25 knots in very gusty conditions, my wieght is 75kg.
Thank you for your suggestions and help.

windfreak
Medium Poster

Postby windfreak » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:19 pm

Hello westozzz ,whats up ,share your comparaison with us you lucky motherfunker ! :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”