Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha FX

Forum for kitesurfers
toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha FX

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Flipper...well said on the whole beginner issue. It pigeonholes a kite if it's slated for beginners. What a new rider really needs is stability and easy relaunch for the most part and those are found in a lot of free ride, freestyle and wave kites.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

skullcandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride / Mutant / Waves TT
Gear: Enduro 7m/10m

Postby skullcandy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:46 pm

flipper231 wrote:
shawn13 wrote:Is this actually a 2016 kite? or a 2015? Is this a Chaos replacement? Would make sense I guess since they recycled the colour choice of the 2014 main line for the 2015 Chaos, if the FX wasnt ready in time for the 2015 launch.
No the Vector was becoming a good kite Smith more lowed and better boost than when it was launched but that is what happen: The marketed the Vector as a beginner kite... Message the MARKETING GUYS: Drop the words beginner, kiteboarding is like motorcycling... you cannot be a beginner you have to be good and in control from the get go....otherwise you're dead. Then drop all Around... All terrain is what it is... Boost, loop, unhook, pass the bar, catch that wave, precise handling. If you refer to skiing, All around was crap... they changed it to all mountain... Carve, go through crust, deep powder? no problem, wanna hit the gates? hey you won't win but you will go around all right... All mountain skis are not beginner skis, they are expert skis for guys who like to go out and re-arrange the mountain.

Same with kites, no one wants a beginner kite, you want power, stability, nice turning, lag time is always a problem, better not have any or very little, So the Vector is dead, the FX is born... See it as the 2015 Vector.

Look what will happen to the Radar... It's a goner within a year or two... Why? you can perfectly learn with a Switchblade, thousands of people did.... You see I like the guy who wrote: ''The FX is the mix between the RPM and the Rebel''. What is there not to like about that? I want to try one now.

Amen bro! Look back to page one or two of this thread when I wrote that the FX looks like a Vector with a V8 engine. Cab screwed up with the Vector Marketing - the 2014 Vector (no pullies, more low end, faster turns) was actually a really good kite. I still have my 2014 14m Vector and had a ton of fun in surf and jumping. Having learned on a SB I actually ditched my SBs for Vectors in 2014. I would totally agree that the FX is nothing but a tuned up Vector with better marketing.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:15 pm

I think it's funny how the designer is touting the number of panels, when the panels in question stop halfway to the TE.
Remember the old rrd type wave? That one claimed 131 panels as I recall.
And I have a 2011 fuel that has a lot of panels.
They go all the way from LE to TE.
And no battens are needed!
hmmm. :naughty:
Actually having half the panels stop in the middle could be pretty smart though.
Makes the kite lighter (ignoring the battens :-? ), cheaper to build, too, maybe 20% less stitching than otherwise.
Who benefits there? :lol:

Looks like a great kite though,don't get me wrong!

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BJkitesurf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:17 am

skullcandy wrote:
flipper231 wrote:
shawn13 wrote:Is this actually a 2016 kite? or a 2015? Is this a Chaos replacement? Would make sense I guess since they recycled the colour choice of the 2014 main line for the 2015 Chaos, if the FX wasnt ready in time for the 2015 launch.
No the Vector was becoming a good kite Smith more lowed and better boost than when it was launched but that is what happen: The marketed the Vector as a beginner kite... Message the MARKETING GUYS: Drop the words beginner, kiteboarding is like motorcycling... you cannot be a beginner you have to be good and in control from the get go....otherwise you're dead. Then drop all Around... All terrain is what it is... Boost, loop, unhook, pass the bar, catch that wave, precise handling. If you refer to skiing, All around was crap... they changed it to all mountain... Carve, go through crust, deep powder? no problem, wanna hit the gates? hey you won't win but you will go around all right... All mountain skis are not beginner skis, they are expert skis for guys who like to go out and re-arrange the mountain.

Same with kites, no one wants a beginner kite, you want power, stability, nice turning, lag time is always a problem, better not have any or very little, So the Vector is dead, the FX is born... See it as the 2015 Vector.

Look what will happen to the Radar... It's a goner within a year or two... Why? you can perfectly learn with a Switchblade, thousands of people did.... You see I like the guy who wrote: ''The FX is the mix between the RPM and the Rebel''. What is there not to like about that? I want to try one now.

Amen bro! Look back to page one or two of this thread when I wrote that the FX looks like a Vector with a V8 engine. Cab screwed up with the Vector Marketing - the 2014 Vector (no pullies, more low end, faster turns) was actually a really good kite. I still have my 2014 14m Vector and had a ton of fun in surf and jumping. Having learned on a SB I actually ditched my SBs for Vectors in 2014. I would totally agree that the FX is nothing but a tuned up Vector with better marketing.
Skullcandy, Big difference between FX and Vector. FX turns much faster than Vector, has much lighter bar pressure than V, has no pulley at all.. V has pulley. FX jumps higher than V. I have my own V and SB. I'm gonna have FXs soon.

BigZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Central California Coast
Favorite Beaches: Jalama Beach
Style: Surf
Gear: Wave kites,
Surfboards, surfboards, and more surfboards ...

Did I say surfboards ?

Postby BigZ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:36 am

BJkitesurf wrote: Skullcandy, Big difference between FX and Vector. FX turns much faster than Vector, has much lighter bar pressure than V, has no pulley at all.. V has pulley. FX jumps higher than V. I have my own V and SB. I'm gonna have FXs soon.
2014 Vector does not have pulleys and has a light bar pressure. Completely different animal than older Vectors

skullcandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride / Mutant / Waves TT
Gear: Enduro 7m/10m

Postby skullcandy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:28 am

BigZ wrote:
BJkitesurf wrote: Skullcandy, Big difference between FX and Vector. FX turns much faster than Vector, has much lighter bar pressure than V, has no pulley at all.. V has pulley. FX jumps higher than V. I have my own V and SB. I'm gonna have FXs soon.
2014 Vector does not have pulleys and has a light bar pressure. Completely different animal than older Vectors
Thank you BigZ...

BJ - Im not saying the V (the 2014 one that is) is a better kite. Im just saying it has the same open C profile med aspect, PULLYLESS, fairly light bar pressure. I also stated its more or less a Vector with some modifications (e.g V8 engine) to make it closer to the Chaos for looping and jumping. SO FX is like cross btwn SB and Chaos, Where as the V was more of a cross btwn SB and Drifter IMHO from using all 3.

Im stoked you are getting and FX tho!

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:14 am

skullcandy wrote:
BigZ wrote:
Thank you BigZ...

BJ - Im not saying the V (the 2014 one that is) is a better kite. Im just saying it has the same open C profile med aspect, PULLYLESS, fairly light bar pressures. I also stated its more or less a Vector with some modifications (e.g V8 engine) to make it closer to the Chaos for looping and jumping. SO FX is like cross btwn SB and Chaos, Where as the V was more of a cross btwn SB and Drifter IMHO from using all 3.

Im stoked you are getting and FX tho!
Skullcandy and BigZ OOps I mean SB Has pulley, not Vector.. :thumb:

Cab Driver
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby Cab Driver » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:57 pm

It's wrong to try to compare the FX to any other Cabrinha kite. We quite simply have skimmed over this market segment for years and are plugging a hole in our kite range. If you actually fly the FX, you will see that it has no relation to anything else we make. It's ALL NEW. I hope this clears things up. (The Radar is a direct replacement for the Vector in the ease-of-use category)

Go try the FX. There should be plenty out there for demos now. Enjoy!!

dimip
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All over Naxos Island
Favorite Beaches: Glyfada Beach,
Amitis Bay
Style: My style :p
Gear: Griffin kites, Shinn monk, Rrd barracuda, F-one mitu
Been thanked: 0

Postby dimip » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:32 am

yeah, it's funny how the marketing works to the majority... A friend just had a session. How was it? Ah good kite for extreme things.... Lol. (he sold he's switchblade 2015 for the FX-)
I quess switchblade wasn't "extreme"...

Andokite
Medium Poster
Gear: TT, surfboard, raceboard, foilboard
Been thanked: 0

Postby Andokite » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:36 am

I have tested the FX for 3 days in sizes 7,9, 10. On hydrofoil, wave board and twintip.

A friend of mine offered to me a brilliant description for this kite:

"It is like an Alsatian dog. Not the best on any domain. But It is the second best at EVERYTHING. When well behaved it is a sweet pet. And when it bites, it bites to the bone".

I have sold my Switchblades and I am getting FXs.

I'll only miss the great backpack the SBs come with. FXs come in a cheap bag. C'mon......

For the rest, this kite is a winner. Amazed with those kiteloops.... and those vertical boosts.......oh...........

Cabrinha: you'd rather make the Chaos more Chaos and the Drifter more Drifter next season, or you may find you only sell FXs....

Return to “Kitesurfing”