Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

We are not playing withu-kiteboarding is so sailing,so there

Forum for kitesurfers
longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

We are not playing withu-kiteboarding is so sailing,so there

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:41 pm

ISAF crap in kiteboarding (ie trying to make kiteboardings potential olympic $$ controlled by sailing.... wtf ) takes away PKRA (well now virgin tour) from Mondial Du Vent.

France only invented kiteboarding as we see it today.... what do they know lol!

The strange world of ulterior motives in kiteboarding politics today!

Nice live stream.......

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: We are not playing withu-kiteboarding is so sailing,so t

Postby Toby » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:32 pm

I think for real sportsmen the Olympics are an amazing experience.
I talked to Michael Gebhard, who won several medals in windsurfing for the U.S. , and he told me it is amazing to meet all those other athletes from all different sports around the world.
It is a great thing and shows we can be reunited in peace.

Let some of our people have that!

I don't understand the part with Mondial du Vent...what happened there?

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:42 am

People can do what they like, just not at any expense.

Well in France there are 2 governing bodies claiming kiteboarding and one of them does not like being pegged in with the ISAF, and I am totally supportive of this. France, the country that Pioneered kiteboarding as we know it
Who has pioneered foil racing leading to the destruction of formula racing

And as the country with the most stringent laws regarding sport in the world
-you have to have a sports degree to teach kiteboarding
-you cannot sell kite quick releases that do not pass tests

Says, hey this is our sport ISAF, we know what we are doing - keep your hands off.

Makes complete sense to me - just does not align with the olympic goal /align to ISAF - so Virgin says - no world championships at Leucate. Take that lol!

I have a problem with the way things have been done, obviously starting with those olympic reports that were so full of s#4it i was ashamed to be involved in kiteboarding...

Carry on...... penguin walk to kiteloop

AirBunny
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Darß, Germany; Long Beach, USA; Cumbuco, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco
Style: Old school
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby AirBunny » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:42 pm

I'm not sure I disagree with the French regulations. Kiteboarding may be unique, but it probably has a good deal to learn from older disciplines, as long as they don't stifle its unique potential. I like the fact that you need a degree to teach kiteboarding. There are sports universities that can accommodate us and bring us closer to Olympic gold. I would give Toby an honorary doctorate. He is just about the only advanced teacher I trust in this sport and his knowledge is pretty substantial. All the speculations we do on this forum could be done better and more systematically at a sports research institution. The only trouble is, the current academic climate is too political for its own good and has repeatedly failed to perform its basic duties: take the world as it comes and provide organized systems for preserving and transmitting knowledge about it.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Perhaps you misunderstood Longwhiteclouds post. He certainly isn't against the way the French have developed this sport and their own regulations and is actually paying a little homage. It's the political power struggle with the ISAF and their pension for stifling unique potential that he and it would appear Sir Branson are commenting on.

AirBunny
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Darß, Germany; Long Beach, USA; Cumbuco, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco
Style: Old school
Gear: Core

Postby AirBunny » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:18 pm

The 1904 Olympics included the illustrious sports of greased pole climbing, rock throwing, and mud fighting. This is a historical fact! If Starsky goes to the olympics, mud fighting would be back in, his best game... Toby, I tried to raise the level here, but it's not possible... Sorry. There was a discussion recently at the Berliner Schaub�hne about low class behavior on the internet. One top Berlin judge wasn't amused... In psychoanalysis we say acting out in groups at the most primitive emotional level is a symptom of childhood deficiencies... you either sublimate or hurt others...

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:45 pm

AirBunny, you're talking out of your arse.
AirBunny wrote:I'm not sure I disagree with the French regulations.
So you tend to agree with them. Why not say so.

AirBunny wrote:Kiteboarding may be unique
Why would kiteboarding be unique, and from which perspective in particular?
AirBunny wrote:but it probably has a good deal to learn from older disciplines, as long as they don't stifle its unique potential.
Idle words.

AirBunny wrote:I like the fact that you need a degree to teach kiteboarding.
Mainly BS - depends where you are. Care to mention in which country you need one?

AirBunny wrote:There are sports universities that can accommodate us and bring us closer to Olympic gold. I would give Toby an honorary doctorate. He is just about the only advanced teacher I trust in this sport and his knowledge is pretty substantial.
Dear me. As if participation of any discipline in the olympics had ANYTHING to do with science. Its POLITICS and MONEY. Or Toby had ANYTHING to do with teaching. Or you'd know ANY advanced kitesurfing teacher at all. WTF are you talking about.

AirBunny wrote:All the speculations we do on this forum could be done better and more systematically at a sports research institution.
"Speculations could be done more systematically"... sure sure.

AirBunny wrote:The only trouble is, the current academic climate is too political for its own good and has repeatedly failed to perform its basic duties: take the world as it comes and provide organized systems for preserving and transmitting knowledge about it.
Ah yeah well... the climate has failed to perform duties... academic climate's basic duty is to take the world as it comes... :bye:

Do you actually combine words at random?
Last edited by alamos_kiter on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:56 pm

Thoughts,
I was so up for a stage of the KBHF Gold cup on the French Med coast, how cool to see the best racers and as it was to be the last stop for the whole year it would have been intense compition.
BUT NO!
In fighting as mentioned here put an end to that!
Sure sucks for the racers to only have had 3 events instead of 4.
To make matters worse, where are the fastest foils and most top racers from?
Now I did see once again a Gold cup stop here (FR) and already almost not going to happen.
Good for Virgin to understand just how lame the pkra is. I sure hope!
Fast low handle pass after the same, repeat.
If I did an event the following would happen.
hang time
highest jump
longest jump
best tricks
boarder cross
air style freestyle
Several types and clasifications of races
loud music hot dj, announcer who knows what``s up!
R H

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:00 pm

AirBunny wrote:The 1904 Olympics included the illustrious sports of greased pole climbing, rock throwing, and mud fighting. This is a historical fact! .
This is half right... There was a part of 1904 Olympics which was calle "Anthropology Days", which included the aforementioned "sports". It was a purely racist event:

"Here's where the fair's creepy, early-20th-century ideas about racial superiority reach their icky apogee. Throughout the fair, the so-called primitives participated in physical displays alongside cultural presentations; a visitor to the "Patagonian" display, for instance, might see native Argentines do a traditional dance and also perform some athletic feat. Sullivan subscribed to the view that the white, Anglo-American was at the top of the racial hierarchy in brains and brawn. Here, at his fair, was a chance to prove it once and for all. He talked to William McGee, his counterpart at the fair's Department of Anthropology, and proposed that they combine their efforts. They would hold a "Special Olympics" (Sullivan's phrase) during the plain-old Olympics in which the "savages" would mimic their white counterparts. For Sullivan, it would demonstrate the inherent inferiority of the world's indigenous peoples. For McGee, it would create a body of data that would help him make his mark in the emerging field of anthropology and help him develop his pet bit of quackery: a complete racial hierarchy.

The Special Olympics were harder to pull together than they expected. Despite the fact that the folks in the human zoo were in quasi-captivity, they were paid professionals. With agents and everything. Very few of the "primitives" had any interest in participating in an amateur competition: The Ainu people of Japan might have stooped to climb trees for fair-goers, but that was because they got paid for it. Some, too, seemed to balk because they thought the Olympic sports were ridiculous. Water polo—no joke—was quickly scratched from the program. But eventually, whether due to coercion or curiosity, contestants were secured and the bizarre games within the games began."

from http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/fi ... acism.html

AirBunny wrote:If Starsky goes to the olympics, mud fighting would be back in, his best game...
Would it now. Why would you bring Starsky close to these 1904 atrocities? A full excuse is the least you owe him.
AirBunny wrote:Toby, I tried to raise the level here, but it's not possible... Sorry. There was a discussion recently at the Berliner Schaubuehne about low class behavior on the internet. One top Berlin judge wasn't amused... In psychoanalysis we say acting out in groups at the most primitive emotional level is a symptom of childhood deficiencies... you either sublimate or hurt others...
You are so full of yourself... superior little pseudo intellectual Berlin girl, aren't you...

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Aight, I'll bite.
AirBunny wrote:There was a discussion recently at the Berliner Schaub�hne about low class behavior on the internet. One top Berlin judge wasn't amused... In psychoanalysis we say acting out in groups at the most primitive emotional level is a symptom of childhood deficiencies... you either sublimate or hurt others...
You should have attended the talk about ignorant behaviour on the internet. Funny that, no matter how well intentioned, if you don't know your ass from a hat, you do more damage than good!

And humour is an art, its no where near the more primitive emotional levels. Your thinking insults and name calling.

Like this:
AirBunny wrote:Drop dead, Starsky, your infantilism isn't amusing... it's hit-n-miss and very predictable. Who are you kiddin' You are the definition of that other thread

Return to “Kitesurfing”