Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which kites similar to North Rebel with less bar pressure?

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Which kites similar to North Rebel with less bar pressur

Postby matth » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Ozone edge supposedly has less bar pressure, and similar to Rebel .

https://wetestkites.wordpress.com/2015/ ... dge-9m-v7/

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:03 am

Yeh that test is a worry. They are not similar at all. Ridden both extensively. The edge is much closer to the dyno in the north range (at the moment) for obvious reasons.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:10 am

I have never flown Rebels, I have had Ozone edge 2013 13m a tractor and slow (on a raceboard) and expensive, not good for wave too slow, bad starter if dropped due to long stretched shape...propably grezt for racingand trained 8) bodies

I have ridden the Naish pivot, such a nice sweet light barpressure, fast turning...I am sure due to the a little bit stretched shape it will function great on the foil, waveboard.
It looks alot like my Switch Methods V2. l used to use them on the raceboard too, and loved them more than my Edge on the raceboard especially downwind due to their good drifting and faster looping, only if they would have lighter barpressure tbey would be as good as the Naish pivot who has it all!

another good kite although not a light 3 strutter as the pivot and switch element but in your Rebel league would be the Switch Nitro V4. lighter barpressure than a Rebel ( have heard this from several rebel / cabrinha riders who tested and purchased the Nitro)
faster turning than the Rebel and a huge windrange / Depowerrange..
not to mention the price :o
good luck!!

dude :cool2:

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Westozzy wrote:Yeh that test is a worry. They are not similar at all. Ridden both extensively. The edge is much closer to the dyno in the north range (at the moment) for obvious reasons.
Yeah, they are different kites, but I think the same riders that like the Rebel tend to like the Edge also.
naishdude wrote:I have never flown Rebels, I have had Ozone edge 2013 13m a tractor and slow (on a raceboard) and expensive, not good for wave too slow, bad starter if dropped due to long stretched shape...
Edge slow on a raceboard?! I agree, they turn slow which makes them not good in waves, but slow on a raceboard! Before the foil kites got big, almost every raceboard world championship was won on the Edge :D

2013 World Championship:

I am interested to try out that Nitro 4 sometime though. Looks really good!

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:18 pm

davesails7 wrote:
Westozzy wrote:Yeh that test is a worry. They are not similar at all. Ridden both extensively. The edge is much closer to the dyno in the north range (at the moment) for obvious reasons.
Yeah, they are different kites, but I think the same riders that like the Rebel tend to like the Edge also.
naishdude wrote:I have never flown Rebels, I have had Ozone edge 2013 13m a tractor and slow (on a raceboard) and expensive, not good for wave too slow, bad starter if dropped due to long stretched shape...
Edge slow on a raceboard?! I agree, they turn slow which makes them not good in waves, but slow on a raceboard! Before the foil kites got big, almost every raceboard world championship was won on the Edge :D

2013 World Championship:

oops my mistake l ment slow turning(2013)
dude :cool2:

dimip
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All over Naxos Island
Favorite Beaches: Glyfada Beach,
Amitis Bay
Style: My style :p
Gear: Griffin kites, Shinn monk, Rrd barracuda, F-one mitu
Been thanked: 0

Postby dimip » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Switchkites.com Nitro V4 similar project not the same kite. Has light bar pressure turns quicker, doesn't pull like truck, better or same build quality. Lofty elevetor jumps ;)

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:44 am

davesails7 wrote:

Agreed on both accounts

Return to “Kitesurfing”