Forum for kitesurfers
bc-sf
Medium Poster
Gear: naish parks, xride tt, slingshot celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: How long do your TT boards last?

Postby bc-sf » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:14 pm

rather than starting a new thread...
edt wrote:I'll land hot right on top of a pile of rocks but that doesn't wreck a board. You can fix any ding, crack, chip with a dab of epoxy, epoxy and drill new inserts or fin holes if you rip them out, pretty much any abuse you put on a board you can repair and the board will last indefinitely.
One of my fins is coming loose - it can't be tightened down anymore (stripped threading on the fin).
What process should I use to extend its life?

I'm guessing a drop of epoxy, but then what/how? I do need to be able to take the fins off and re-attach.

Thanks

Rufusz
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Viganj, Croatia
El Médano, Tenerife
Style: Foil, Freeride
Gear: Kitech 6m2, 9m2, 15m2 foil kites
Moses Fluente
Flysurfer radical4
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rufusz » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:57 am

bc-sf wrote:rather than starting a new thread...
edt wrote:I'll land hot right on top of a pile of rocks but that doesn't wreck a board. You can fix any ding, crack, chip with a dab of epoxy, epoxy and drill new inserts or fin holes if you rip them out, pretty much any abuse you put on a board you can repair and the board will last indefinitely.
One of my fins is coming loose - it can't be tightened down anymore (stripped threading on the fin).
What process should I use to extend its life?

I'm guessing a drop of epoxy, but then what/how? I do need to be able to take the fins off and re-attach.

Thanks
Once I had this issue and managed to fix it by filling the hole with epoxi and re-drilling it again after the curing time, and finally cutting a new thread.
A vice and a proper drill makes this job a lot easier.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:16 pm

My lost and lamented Flyradical was down to owing me $7 a session before it got lost :( still in excellent condition, it was...

Return to “Kitesurfing”