Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airush Sector

Forum for kitesurfers
norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Re: Airush Sector

Postby norcom » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:03 pm

I think the Slayer went downhill in the last two model years. They put FCS fins on it and turned it into a surfboard. :roll: The mini tuttle boxes and the ability to run big fins are what makes these boards different from surfboards.

My Sector 60 most of the time feels pretty big, there are days where I wish it was smaller with the thruster setup. I can carve it but it's not very playful. On the other hand, during light wind days I'm happy that I'm able to ride at all.

Jollydriver
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mid-Atlantic
OBX
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Dewey Beach
Style: Freeride & Progressing
Gear: Cheap, On Sale, or Used
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jollydriver » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:37 am

WindS4 wrote:...and a lot of spots have them on sale now....
Where are you located with a lot of spots with Airush Sector's on sale? I'm in the US, and would be interested if there are any sale or even better fire-sale V5 or V6 Sector 60 boards available. If you have stores or links can you post them, or send me a PM with sources.

Best

JD

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby shawn13 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 am

Peachez54
Rare Poster

Postby Peachez54 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:01 pm

I've had all sizes of the Sector series and absolutely love the Sector 54 size over all others. It is the most versatile and most fun by far. It's my fav board :D

Sector 54 V5 on sale: http://www.glorykite.com/shop/airush-sector-v5/

Original edition Slayer 54 also on sale: http://www.glorykite.com/shop/airush-slayer-54/

Sector 65one V4 on sale: http://www.glorykite.com/shop/airush-sector/

WindS4
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Bayley Beach, Calf Pasture,
Favorite Beaches: North Sound Virgin Gorda, Hatteras, Pocomo MA. Long Beach Turks
Style: freeride
Gear: Lieuwe Shotgun, SS dwarfcraft Foil, Naish Kites
Been thanked: 0

Postby WindS4 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:43 pm

I rode a Slingshot Dialer yesterday, which is a touch narrower than a Sector 54..and possibly longer...but having never ridden a surfboard with a kite, it felt big! It was a steady 15-18 knots, so it wasn't a light wind demo. However my bud rides it as his light wind board here in the summer and he's heavier than me, so I'm guessing I may be ok with a 54, especially given the fact that it comes with much better fins than the plastic Slingshot ones. Interesting how high upwind you can point, although it was a little squirrelly. Any idea what the volume is on a dialer vs a 30L Sector 54? Also seemed like jumping a board much bigger wouldn't be so easy..

Peachez54
Rare Poster

Postby Peachez54 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:46 pm

The Sector 54 is a ~surfboard/raceboard hybrid. A super fun and very fast and super stable directional freeride board that is easy to ride toeside and easy to jump/boost (check out my photo :) ) with - unlike the other Sector sizes. Due to it's raceboard type construction, it is extremely light-weight, and it comes with great fins (3).

Check out this video, it sums up what the Sector 54 is all about: http://vimeo.com/117050342

Return to “Kitesurfing”