Favorite Beaches: Turks and Caicos - Long Bay
Sail Bay - San Diego
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 4 Lotus 12m Special Edition, 15m, 18m, 21m
Flysurfer Speed 5 6m, 9m, 12m, 15m, 18m, 21m
Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, 13m, 15m, 18m
Flysurfer Boost2 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, 15m, 18m
Flysurfer Sonic Race 21m - soon
Flysurfer FlyDoor5 XL, Nobile Flying Carpet Carbon Split Board, Nobile NHP Carbon Split Board 138cm, Nobile Infinity Split Board , Nobile Zen Split Board / 86cm mast, all around foil, Shinn Bronq 136, Shinn Bronq XL 150cm, 145cm, Mystic Supporter Harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Nobile Zen Splitboard

Postby sedluk » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:03 am

The Nobile Splitboard Master Bag has room for 110cm

Alvaro
Rare Poster

Postby Alvaro » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:08 pm

Thank you Sedluk

magnusmd82
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Brandalsund Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Crete Amudara
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha swichblade
Naish Torch
RRD x5
North nugget wave board
Skim fish

Postby magnusmd82 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a friend that bought Nobile split board with hydrofoil. The problem is that when use it as wave board it is vibrating and
high sound from it. There is same space between the two parts he have a carbone splitboard and it is not look the same.
He went back to the store and they took a new one to give him but the same deformation on the surface and same 1-2 mm between the board fully asambled.

My question is does any one else have experienced the high pitch sound and vibrating? We have come to the conclusion that air is pressed in between the halfs and create the sound and vibes. Must be this batch that is so ting that is wrong.
His carbone split does not make any sound or vibes.

Pleas write you experience!

Thanks in advance

phlow
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Texas City Levee, Texas City Dike, El Jardin, Galveston
Gear: North Rebels, Nobile NHP, Jimmy Lewis Surf and SUP, Slingshot Alien Air, Lift NF2 Foil

Postby phlow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Alvaro

I've not tried it but I would imagine you could put other straps on the Split Board. It has an (M6?) insert not a machine screw like some other boards. I find that the board works great strapless, so I have just removed them.

I think the Check-In bag is constructed of maximum dimensions that can be checked on airlines without surcharge. Trying to fly with the master bag will probably entail a surcharge.

phlow
Frequent Poster
Gear: North Rebels, Nobile NHP, Jimmy Lewis Surf and SUP, Slingshot Alien Air, Lift NF2 Foil

Postby phlow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:14 pm

magnusmd82 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 pm
The problem is that when use it as wave board it is vibrating and
high sound from it. There is same space between the two parts he have a carbone splitboard and it is not look the same.
He went back to the store and they took a new one to give him but the same deformation on the surface and same 1-2 mm between the board fully asambled.

My question is does any one else have experienced the high pitch sound and vibrating? We have come to the conclusion that air is pressed in between the halfs and create the sound and vibes. Must be this batch that is so ting that is wrong.
Magnus -

I have not noticed that on my board, it seems like the 2 segments are fitting together well with no space and no vibration.

sedluk
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Alum Creek - Ohio
Favorite Beaches: Turks and Caicos - Long Bay
Sail Bay - San Diego
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 4 Lotus 12m Special Edition, 15m, 18m, 21m
Flysurfer Speed 5 6m, 9m, 12m, 15m, 18m, 21m
Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, 13m, 15m, 18m
Flysurfer Boost2 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, 15m, 18m
Flysurfer Sonic Race 21m - soon
Flysurfer FlyDoor5 XL, Nobile Flying Carpet Carbon Split Board, Nobile NHP Carbon Split Board 138cm, Nobile Infinity Split Board , Nobile Zen Split Board / 86cm mast, all around foil, Shinn Bronq 136, Shinn Bronq XL 150cm, 145cm, Mystic Supporter Harness

Postby sedluk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 am

I have flown with the master bag several times and never had a problem with extra baggage fees. If the bag is overstuffed I guess that it could be measured and it would be over by a small amount. Most of the time, the top of my bag is not fully packed and could be pushed down an inch or two.

hshim007
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Yas Island
Style: Foilboarding
Gear: Mhl foil, Paipo boardriding Maui, cloud D kites
Brand Affiliation: Love the BRM Clouds!

Postby hshim007 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:20 am

So after getting the Nobile Zen Splitboard to use with my MHL 2015 foil I was bummed to find out that the 108 cm mast doesn't fit in the Foil Board Check in bag. It might fit in the Master bag (which the airlines could ding you with as it technically is oversized) but I have the foil board bag. So I debated whether to get a shorter mast and foil like the Moses fluente but ultimately I thought the cheapest way to do this would be to keep my foil (as I really like it ) and get a mast bag made so I might be able to carry it on or just check it at the gate or part of my luggage total weight. I had the mast bag made by Frank Ornelas at Vitamin Blue in Costa Mesa California. Frank was really super. I sent him the specs and we skyped to go over the details of the bag. He sent it to me here in the UAE and it fits perfectly with my mast. So happy. Frank also makes custom board bags of all types. If you want him to make you a bag at a very reasonable price look him up. Great service and nice guy.

phlow
Frequent Poster

Postby phlow » Tue May 09, 2017 9:26 pm

hshim

sorry for your incovenience, i mentioned this mast length restriction in my review from Mar 28 farther up in this thread . . . .

Return to “Hydrofoil”